Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 03:02 PM

Graham Hurley - detective stories

just want to promote Graham Hurley who basis his detective series in Portsmouth. they are well written and researched and have so many twists and turns you never know till the last page who has done it...

well worth a read

have been reading the latest one - the price of darkness - started yesterday and only 80 more pages to go

sue
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 03:44 PM
My friend loves that sort of book, she does a lot of reading and has a birthday coming up this month, so you've just given me a excellent idea for a pressie
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
My friend loves that sort of book, she does a lot of reading and has a birthday coming up this month, so you've just given me a excellent idea for a pressie
you are welcome

have now finished it awesome book but will have to be patient till the next one

sue
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Are they murder mystery type thing, can you recommend one, she really loves the whodunnit type things, and it has to be well written, but you've already said they are, so that shouldn't be a problem
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Are they murder mystery type thing, can you recommend one, she really loves the whodunnit type things, and it has to be well written, but you've already said they are, so that shouldn't be a problem

they are all based on one detective serving on the police force in portsmouth. they are all so good. the titles are (in the order of the front cover)

turnstone
the take
angels passing
deadlight
cut to black
blood and honey
one under

and the one i have just read the price of darkness. it probably would be worth finding out which was the first one so she could read them in order as some of the detectives are the same throughout the series and they do go into a bit of the personal relationships/personal lives of the characters.

hope this helps

sue
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Brilliant, thanks Sue
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:39 PM
another author that writes a similar series but based further up north is peter robinson(?) his is based on a police officer called inspector banks.

really like that type of book.

sue