Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2008, 03:51 AM

Rottweiler Male (young dog)

Kodi aka Captain Jack
Pics at 7/8/9 months will be 1 year 31st March 2008.
He is 25-26 inches in height.

(7 months)

(8 months)

(8 months)

(8 months head shot)

(9 months)
(The white bits on his back leg are sores from lying on it on the hard floor, need to get him some vet bed to lie on)

Have no pics of him moving, but do have this video taken at the LKA on the 7th Dec... its not the best as he was playing up a tad as it was his first show as big as that. We're the last going round all in black.
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=IMGP3804.flv

There is also these two from his first show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS1miD9MbnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TL7YquAxqA

Rottweiler Breed Standard

10-May-06

© The Kennel Club - Unauthorised Reproduction of Text and Images Prohibited

The Kennel Club Picture Library - © David Dalton

General AppearanceAbove average size, stalwart dog. Correctly proportioned, compact and powerful form, permitting great strength, manoeuvrability and endurance.

CharacteristicsAppearance displays boldness and courage. Self-assured and fearless. Calm gaze should indicate good humour.

TemperamentGood natured, not nervous, aggressive or vicious; courageous, biddable, with natural guarding instincts.

Head and SkullHead medium length, skull broad between ears. Forehead moderately arched as seen from side. Occipital bone well developed but not conspicuous. Cheeks well boned and muscled but not prominent. Skin on head not loose, although it may form a moderate wrinkle when attentive. Muzzle fairly deep with topline level, and length of muzzle in relation to distance from well defined stop to occiput to be as 2 to 3. Nose well developed with proportionately large nostrils, always black.

EyesMedium size, almond-shaped, dark brown in colour, light eye undesirable, eyelids close fitting.

EarsPendant, small in proportion rather than large, set high and wide apart, lying flat and close to cheek.

MouthTeeth strong, complete dentition with scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Flews black and firm, falling gradually away towards corners of mouth, which do not protrude excessively.

NeckOf fair length, strong, round and very muscular. Slightly arched, free from throatiness.

ForequartersShoulders well laid back, long and sloping, elbows well let down, but not loose. Legs straight, muscular, with plenty of bone and substance. Pasterns sloping slightly forward.

BodyChest roomy, broad and deep with well sprung ribs. Depth of brisket will not be more, and not much less than 50 per cent of shoulder height. Back straight, strong and not too long, ratio of shoulder height to length of body should be as 9 is to 10, loins short, strong and deep, flanks not tucked up. Croup of proportionate length, and broad, very slightly sloping.

HindquartersUpper thigh not too short, broad and strongly muscled. Lower thigh well muscled at top, strong and sinewy below. Stifles fairly well bent. Hocks well angulated without exaggeration, metatarsals not completely vertical. Strength and soundness of hock highly desirable.

FeetStrong, round and compact with toes well arched. Hindfeet somewhat longer than front. Pads very hard, toenails short, dark and strong. Rear dewclaws removed.

TailPreviously customarily docked.
Docked: Docked at first joint. Strong and not set too low. Normally carried horizontally but slightly above horizontal when dog is alert.
Undocked: Strong and not set too low. Normally carried horizontally but slightly above horizontal when dog is alert. May hang when dog is at rest.

Gait/MovementConveys an impression of supple strength, endurance and purpose. While back remains firm and stable there is a powerful hindthrust and good stride. First and foremost, movement should be harmonious, positive and unrestricted.

CoatConsists of top coat and undercoat. Top coat is of medium length, coarse and flat. Undercoat, essential on the neck and thighs, should not show through top coat. Hair may also be a little longer on the back of the forelegs and breechings. Long or excessively wavy coat highly undesirable.

ColourBlack with clearly defined markings as follows: a spot over each eye, on cheeks, as a strip around each side of muzzle, but not on bridge of nose, on throat, two clear triangles on either side of the breast bone, on forelegs from carpus downward to toes, on inside of rear legs from hock to toes, but not completely eliminating black from back of legs, under tail. Colour of markings from rich tan to mahogany and should not exceed 10 per cent of body colour. White marking is highly undesirable. Black pencil markings on toes are desirable. Undercoat is grey, fawn, or black.

SizeDogs height at shoulder: between 63-69 cms (25-27 ins); bitches between 58-64 cms (23-25 ins). Height should always be considered in relation to general appearance.

FaultsAny departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

NoteMale animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

Last Updated - September 2007
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
He is scrummy
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
he looks excellent!
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
He is scrummy
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
he looks excellent!
Thanks Lorna and Alex

Hopefully the judge tomorrow will think so too

Anyone else?
Good points? Bad points?
Would love to hear more opinions
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Looks a much better dog in the last pic. Head looks pleasant but perhaps the ears could be smaller. Nicely balanced, nicely turned stifle, feet look a bit long and flatish, not round and well arched as they should be, could improve with age though. Looks to move well enough too, sound, perhaps would be better outdoors where he can reach and drive a bit more, I never think big dogs move at their best indoors.

Very nice young Dog, best of luck with him.
Dawn.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Awwww Kodi your just a lovely big boy,xxxxxxxxxx just for you,xxxxxxxxx
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww Kodi your just a lovely big boy,xxxxxxxxxx just for you,xxxxxxxxx
He says he'll give you real kisses tomorrow for that

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Looks a much better dog in the last pic. Head looks pleasant but perhaps the ears could be smaller. Nicely balanced, nicely turned stifle, feet look a bit long and flatish, not round and well arched as they should be, could improve with age though. Looks to move well enough too, sound, perhaps would be better outdoors where he can reach and drive a bit more, I never think big dogs move at their best indoors.

Dawn.
Thanks Dawn

Would needing his nail's cut make them look like that?
(have lost the nail clippers)

Re: the ears His heads still growing(I hope as it does in person seem a tad small for his body) so hopefully once he's finished his ears will be a good size compared to his head?

I can try to get a video of him moving outside if you would like?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

Dawn.
hi megan, I tend to lean with what BD said, he is slack in the pasterns a bit which dont help his feet look any better, As to nails,,I will help keeping them short,,,but I wont get on your case about it,,,nuff said, lol,
I think he is hardening off a bit now with age, this should continue untill he is a bit older, I think more road work, also a bit of walking on uneven surface would help him eg, a beach with some sand some pebbles, that type of thing, Only othe problem for me is the reach of neck at the min, he is still doing the collie thing eh?

His ears are a tad big at the moment but I have found that often pups with great ears tend to end up with flying ears when the skull broadens out, aka tegan, I found slightly big or low hung ears can come up when the head is finished growing, xx

He does seem to have improved a fair bit with age so fingers crossed he continues, x
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
As to nails,,I will help keeping them short,,,but I wont get on your case about it,,,nuff said, lol,
I have no problem cutting them, someone moved the clippers before x-mas and couldnt remember where they had put them, which is why they need cut... but mum has found them this morning
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
I have no problem cutting them, someone moved the clippers before x-mas and couldnt remember where they had put them, which is why they need cut... but mum has found them this morning

lol, your house is just like mine,,put somit down, it goes off on its own Guess thats why I ended up with loads of them, I never find them untill I buy a new pair,,, then all the missing ones turn up, You know what im like about feet though,,,Never happy,,
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >