View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JonUK
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Carole,
As far as i no Eagle dog food only as one UK stockist.
http://postalpetsproducts.co.uk/en-gb/dept_1.html
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks, it works out at about the same price as Burns but a bit harder to get hold of.
JonUK
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Thordell,
The American Bulldog is not a regonized Kennel Club Breed.
If you search google though it will throw up plenty of breeders sites.
There are also Various different asssociations that keep records of breedings e.g http://www.american-bulldog.com/Welcome.htm
or a resourses sitehttp://www.dogresources.com/abrhome.html
Or a UK breeder with a good site and good links pagehttp://www.doggehouse.co.uk/links.htm
Hope this is of some use.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Silly me, because of the name I looked on the AKC list thinking it was an American breed. Will look at the links you have given, have seen a few photos before but was interested in knowing what the correct breed type was as those I have seen look so different in construction.

Will you mind if I come back with some questions after I have taken a long look at the links.
JonUK
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Ask away,no probs. I've been reasearching the breed for 2yrs but am no expert. The breed has 3 different confirmation classes 2 main ones which are bully type and standard which is why the photo's youve seen look different.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

28-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Jon I know your dog is an AB but is your dog Floyd classed as standard or bully. I ask because I like the look of him, I also like the look of Chester (think hes Kirstys). Are they of the same confirmation class?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I love ABs too and was gonna get one before getting a Presa
Jons Floyd is really nice, I think he's a hybrid/performance if I remb rightly - which means he's a certain percentage bully and a certain percentange standard/scott.

Also, back to the Feed - Rocky's runny poos have now gone! (yippee!) He's now on Pascoes complete and tripe. Pascoes has no artificial addivites, preservative, flavours etc and is natural - also it's not as 'rich' as the stuff like Burns so Rocky can eat as much as he likes without it upsetting his tummy.
JonUK
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Roxy,
As far as i know Chester is a Standard AB Bred along Scott lines a breeder from the 70's.
Floyd is classed as a Hybrid a mixture of Bully(J.D.Johnsons lines) and Standard. He is a Sure-Grip Hybrid whose ancesters where breed by Carl Symmes in America. But he also has been tightly line bred along Old Southern White Lines. Which means he is a Sure-grip/Old southern White Hybrid. I could show Floyd in either confirmation class but as he has a 3.5 inch muzzle most judges prefer to see him in the standard class.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

28-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks Jon and Azz, that was very informative. I would love to own one but I will have to do a lot of research before I go down that avenue. So I will probably bore you to death asking.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Jon'll probably be better at answering your questions than me!

They have quite a high drive tho Rox!! So you might need lots of spare energy!

I also prefer the 'standard' or 'scott' lines, just my personal preference
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >