Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2004, 05:36 PM

What do you feed yours?

Hi I was wondering what you all feed your dogs - as I am new to all this I never realised the dangers in some commercial dog foods. At the moment I feed Sonny nature diet - he has just been promoted to adult stuff. I have been told that its better for dogs like boxers to be on a dried food but I just don't feel its enough - however I would like a good quality mixer to include in his nature diet as I don't feel this is enough for him either.

I really don't have a clue I am not experienced enough and like everyone else I just want the best for my Sonny.

Also what other things can you feed as a special meal.

Love Sam and Sonny xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi

As some of you already know I feed Star, Burns and Nature Diet. We have recently changed onto the Organic Burns and in the last month Stars coat has become really shiny and soft. We used to feed the fish or vennison Burns before.

Carole
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Unfourtunately Rocky does not agree with Burns puppy food so he's back on boiled rice and tripe. Which seems to be ok...

I don't think 'any' dried food will be good for him because he eats SOOOOO much. I'm not kiddin but he eats at least 1kg of rice a day (with at least one pack of tripe or boiled chicken) 1kg not sound like much? that's how heavy it is BEFORE it is cooked! LOLOL!!

(btw he get's runny poo on burns or other dried food - might try chappie next?)
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Chappie is supposed to be good for dogs with dodgy stomachs. Star loves the tripe as well, that sometimes gets added to the Burns instead of Nature Diet.

It smells so bad though

Carole
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

17-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Mine are fed on Burns.

Sorry to hear it doesn't agree with Rocky Azz - have you tried Wafcol Salmon and Potato? Have heard good reports on it.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-04-2004, 11:00 PM
never heard of wafcol - they got a website?
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

17-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Certainly have and they will send you some free samples - www.wafcol.co.uk

I used to feed my older Rotts on it and they were fine (the old Wafcol 20 variety!) but Keeper has a sensitive stomach so it didn't suit him. The Salmon and Potato came out after I'd switched to Burns and as it suits him, I have never tried it but have heard good reports from others.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

18-04-2004, 12:03 AM
I've just requested a sample!
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2004, 09:09 AM
We have tried different types of food... as he has poo trouble at times (very runny) so the vet told us to try the fish based Chappie... which seems the best and he has even put on a little weight

We tried:
Nutro
Bakers
Iams
There is more but cannot think of them at the moment... not long been out of bed and feed and watered Chester.
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Norman has Wafcol. Every day he gets soooo excited that he's getting the same brown biscuits he got yesterday, and the day before, and the day beofre.................

Makes him pump though
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >