View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Ours is Beezaville,my other half loves restoring vintage motorcycles,and he has several old British bikes called BSA's,these are commonly called Beeza's, and the other bike he has some of are Bonneville's hence the Beezaville,
Wendy
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Ours is Tafuta which is swahili for to search or to hunt. The hunt bit for the gundogs for my other half and a swahili name for my grandfather who spoke 8 languages and Swahili was one of them!! A bit obsure but it was our 20th attempt for a name and we wanted something short as the KC rules are only 24 letters in each name including your affix!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm yet to choose one, watch this space, this year for sure I have a few ideas under my hat now.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Its so cool that even those with performance dogs can have an affix! The AKC is really terrible about granting any kind of assistance to anyone not a breeder for the conformation ring
Jax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2008, 01:29 PM
My affix is "Edenvillage" cos I live in a village in the Eden Valley, Cumbria. Jax
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Mine is Anrol my mother's name backwards. This was our 12th choice. I hve to say I'm so grateful to the KC as over 40 years ago father & I took out a joint affix & when such things were possible made it for life. I went to get it changed to my name at Crufts this year as father has died & so has the last bitch we had in partnership. They said in the circumstances they would change the affix to my name only & its still mine for my lfetime at NO COST. They even gave me a new cretificate.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Ours is Taramar, why I'm nottotally sure as I inherited it,cos it belonged to my husband and his first wife needless to say the KC requested money to transfer it to me

Jeanette
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Mine is Starlapps ( a bit cheesy), from first half of my surname and the breed.
Really wanted Takilo, ie the names of my girls Taki and Ilo combined but KC not playing ball that day!

Mary
ELYSE
New Member!
Female 

28-05-2008, 04:40 PM
can you tell me about an affix, do you have a one off payment, can you get the form from the kennel club website?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 05:13 PM
My affix is Marzuku, which is swahili for Blessed, it was my second choice, but I actually now prefer it to my first choice.

I also decided not to add it to Fiji's KC name (she is Zande Feleji), Rufus is Marzuku Mapenzi, and Kia is Marzuku Mwara.

In reply to Elyse, You would need to contact the Kennel Club for a form, you make an initial payment and then there is an annual fee to protect it after that.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >