Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by roo roo View Post
yes teh wptf isnt a breed club or any type of club its just a forum for people who work their dogs.the PTA dont have their own website so a lot of the members of that club do visit this forum but its open to anyone and doesnt have any involvement with any breeds or factions.hope thats explained everything and people are more able to understand whats going on now with the two main factions.the reason we seek kc recognition is to attract more people into the breed(at the moment most folk have never heard of them outside working circles)and to get them interested enough to get them wanting to breed and establish their own lines,so that there will be more breed diversification and hence less of the people inbreeding and ruining good dogs because of health problems that are caused by too much very close inbreeding.i know that many people think the KC is the cause of all the problems in pedigree dogs.but we take a more enlightened view in that the KC dont own any dogs and that its the breeders and the breed clubs who set the agendas and are responbsible for the ills that currently beset some breeds.the KC have taken action about this now and a lot of the closely inbred matings are now not allowed and they are trying to help people to breed better dogs.we're all for that so that is why we want recognition for the breed in that we believe the way forwards for us is to gain recognition and get more people who are intelligent enough to breed carefully and responsibly and to try to stop some of the bad practices that are currently being used.
Well said
I hope things work out for you, but sounds like it is a difficult road ahead unless the issues of the factions can be resolved
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I agree - well said roo roo
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I do like Plummer's ,To much of a working dog for the wife though .lol
roo roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:24 AM
theyre too much of a working dog for a lot of people.need lots of exercise and training also lots of things to keep their clever little minds occupied!i bought a nina ottoson dog tornado last week thinking it would keep Boycie occupied for a while.it took him 30 seconds to figure it out and empty all the treats out of it!im still in shock!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:25 AM
theyre too much of a working dog for a lot of people.need lots of exercise and training also lots of things to keep their clever little minds occupied!i bought a nina ottoson dog tornado last week thinking it would keep Boycie occupied for a while.it took him 30 seconds to figure it out and empty all the treats out of it!im still in shock!
lol u should meet a wolfdog then
Wippydoo
New Member!
Female 

05-12-2012, 01:32 PM
yes i was disheartened by the lack of help and support i received on a forum i joined.(a working dog forum i have to say)noone seemed to want to discuss any health issues in the breed and noone seemed to want to offer any advice or help.

then i joined another forum which is run by a completely different group of peoplewho do want kc recognition for reasons that the breed will prosper in the hands of responsible dedicated exhibitors whereas the working terrier men who tend to be on the other forum dont do health testing,dont want kc recognition and believe that as long as it works then what does it matter of it skips a bit?

This is not the truth – you were an established committee member of one club and its forum and invited yourself to join a working forum – then you proceeded to slag off those worker to worker breeders describing them as mullahs then misrepresented what was said on that site onto your home forum for further ridicule. The having been caught out lying to your members on your forum about goings on on a third forum you asked to be deleted from the working forum due to not answering questions from a member of both forums. There was plenty of people willing to help but you aliented yourself with your attitude.

There are three clubs – one very much KC leaning, another who says so but refuses to deal with the first club because of personal allegations and a third club who has no opinion either way regarding KC but are loathe to deal with the first group. This club/register used to be owned by one of the most if not the most influential breeders within the breed today Legion kennels. There is a fourth ‘group’ and register – the WPT register whose opinion upon KC I do not know of.

Your plummers – both rehomes - the first you had PTS – apparently he attacked you out of boredom – the second bred off at 18 months – line bred to dogs carrying and producing faults but good lookers ...

The new lines you talk about creating are nil since most of the dogs held within your club are based from one kennel and not many folk want to give you dogs from their lines nor allow you use their studs because of present personal tensions (mostly created by your committee) and few studs if any you have are within your own breed standard. Then you have contracts on who can breed what from your pups …

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Well said
I hope things work out for you, but sounds like it is a difficult road ahead unless the issues of the factions can be resolved
This is possibly the best advice in this thread - perhaps RooRoo you will listen to it.
roo roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
the man writing this post is stalking and harassing me on the internet and im in the process of talking legal action against him.hes stated numerous lies in his post.i wont go into all the gory details here, suffice it to say im known in many rescue circles,and the people who know me will know this i all a tissue of lies.
i didnt breed off an 18 month old bitch she was 28 months old and he knows it.he begged me for a puppy and i refused to sell him one.far from being a bad mating he pleaded with me for a puppy saying this was his ideal mating.i did refuse to sell him a puppy and yes i did lie to him saying all the pups were sold as i didnt want to sell him a puppy,his harassment of me started shortly after this and he was consequently banned both from our club and the forums
i wasnt on any committee nor a member of any club when i posted on the working plummer terrier forum id only recently come into the breed and the wptf was the only forum i knew of.later on i joined the european plummer terrier forum and became a member of the club then at a later date i was invited to join the committee and later asked to be secretary.all these are verifiable facts and can be seen by anyone joining said forums and seeing what date i joined each one
ive never at ANY time been refused either a puppy or a stud by anyone in the breed
yes i did have to have my first dog put to sleep.which broke both mine and my husbands hearts.his health and temperament problems were well documented by myself on the forums.at no time did i try to hide what we went through with him.he had many problems both health and psychological.i spent thousands of pounds trying to help him all to no avail.his inbreeding which was well over 40% did have a lot to do with his mental health problems and his physical problems but to use this to stab me in the heart and twist the knife is unforgiveable and stooping lower than i thought anyone capable of.
i am taking legal action both with the police and with any method open to me in law against <snip: name removed> from <snip> in ireland for both his harassment,intimidation and stalking of me on this and many other forums that i have either left or have blocked him from pming me from.im sorry that this has been dragged on here, ive already left a few forums because of him.i wont be replying on here again
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
*locked pending review*
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6