New Member!
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Fleck has a bath twice a week unless been out on the common lol
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Fudge only ever gets bathed as a last result(collie cross mainly white).I just give her a good rub down and let nature do the rest......

Buttons(cocker puppy) has had a few baths with toilet training issues and to get him used to it.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Dont bath mine either , wash them down when we get back from the field to keep the house clean of muddy paws etc and freshen then up with doggie wipes if they need it and if Bella is working for RGT so she smells nice !
Bandi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Oz has a bath maybe once or twice a year. he has a very short coat ( vizsla ) and he cleans himself a bit like a cat. It's very rare he smells I think they are known for being low odour dogs.He gets a rub down with a towel if very muddy and that seems better than a brush for grooming him.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Rocky has a bath about twice a year, and usually only after he's rolled in some really smelly poo or something.

I've used a dog shampoo, baby shampoo, and the last time he had a bath, I used some of my organic shampoo - and I think I prefer it as his coat actually looks really good at the mo.
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Charmy also only has a couple of baths a year. She used to have way more than that when she was younger and we walked through muddy fields as she is low slung and her underneath used to get really muddy. But now she is an old lady she doesn't 'do' muddy fields any more and she tends to wear a coat anyway if she goes out as she feels the cold more!

I also use my own shampoo. Baby shampoo is good.

When I was a kid (about 9) we had white standard bull terriers and one day my dad asked me to bath the dog. As the advert for Flash powder (kitchen floorcleaner) said it got things whiter than white or something - I used it on her. She did gleam very white so the ads were true... Can't remember it doing anything abd to her skin but my dad never trusted me to bath the dog unsupervised ever again.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Mine get done once a year - around mid/late spring - when they are having a major moult and usually a bit itchy. Just helps the coat come out a bit easier.

If they roll in a grossness I tend to wash the offending area.
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
when we first got jasper he got bathed once a week cos of his allergies but he hasnt had a bath for a long time now and if he get dirty i just rub him down with wet wipes and give his a good brush. But i find just brushing him for just 10mins a day does wonders.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
My lurcher get one about twice a year the inuit once as he won't fit in the bath so it outside with the hoseon a hot day but the terrier more often as she loves bogs and often stinks
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2011, 12:26 AM
My Chihuahua has a bath around 2-3 times a year, he doesn't get that dirty and hates the hairdryer, so usually when he's got a major moult going on I'll give him a bath then to get hair out of him. But when my Yorkie was alive she was bathed and cut every month, it sometimes depends on the dog.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >