View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I agree with the vet visit. Be sure to ask the vet about her body condition. After 5 days, she should be adjusting to you and starting to eat. It is highly unusual for a healthy dog not to eat all it needs. Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. The worst thing you can do is bribe a dog to eat more than it needs with rich food. Over feeding a dog is an all too common form of abuse.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by *gypsy* View Post
for now ive made her some weetabix with a little warm milk..and she cant get enough of it!!! she completely ate the lot!! i'll stil take her for a check up in the morning and then invest in some other dog food, but thankyou all for your support x
Well done - at least you can go to bed happy that she has a full tummy, and lots of people give weetabix to their dogs for breakfast!
The vet should be able to do a thorough check up, and also recommend a good and suitable food for you.
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:18 PM
thankyou to everyone who has commented, i took her to the vets and she is 100% healthy. ive changed her food and she is enjoying it and have changed the biscuits too which the vet recomended. x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Fantastic news. You must be a great deal happier now.
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I am thankyou, when u love some-one so much its hard not to pannick and make sure they are all right, especially when you dont speak there language! she certainly lives up to her name though, shes very cheeky and has learnt so much in a few days! im so proud of her and justwant the best for her x
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm glad she is doing ok now. Mine came fromt he RSPCA at 3 months old and she only ate the food they gav us for a few days. It took us weeks to figure out what she owuld eat and that she doesn't eat very much for her size but the vet said she just has a good metabolism.
When they are in Kennels etc with other dogs often the keepers don't actually see whether they eat the food given to them anyway so she may have never liked it.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Did you buy you're pup from the pet shop? Or have I misunderstood and gone to the pet shop to buy the same food the breeder was feeding?

Not out to upset anyone!! BUT, I am NOT a fan of dry food! Yep! I do use it but prefer the better quality more naturalo wet foods like Naturediet or Forthglade. And there are not many dogs that turn their noses up at these!

Not suggesting that you jump in with bioth feet and change the food immediately! But maybe look at what you are feeding, the quality of it etc etc!! What brand are you using by the way?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2