Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Puppy won't eat

when i bought my pup, the shop assistant gave me the exact same food that she was eating, but since being home she doesnt seem interested in it, she will eat only 2 maybe 3 bites and they're not big pellets.ive tried soaking them in water too, but she turns her nose up..im a little worried, she seems ok, full of bounce and plays alot, then has a drink..but no food. shall i change her food? shes only 3 months old. x
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:32 PM
how long have you had her?
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:35 PM
ive had her 5 days, but she is doing wonderfully well in other areas
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Brought from a petshop...hmmmm i would have her straight to the vets for a quick check over, regardless if she starts eatting again or not!
Pups can go down hill quickly with out showing other signs..
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:38 PM
ok thankyou, i will take her tomorrow first thing as its closed now. thankyou
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 05:41 PM
i agree about taking her to the vet. maybe try mixing abit of good quality wet food in, see if that gets her appetite back
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Agree that you should probably get her checked over by a vet, just to check that there's no underlying problem. Has she had all her vaccinations?

In the meantime you could also try adding a little cooked chicken to her kibble to encourage her to eat, or try hand feeding a little at a time.
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2010, 06:25 PM
she is up to date with her vaccinations, her last one being the 7th june. ive tried to hand feed her but she just turns her head away. ill take her to the vet just for re-assurance tomorrow morning.thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Gypsy agree with the others about a vet check. What food are you feeding? Some pet food is of a very poor quality and it has little scent making it pretty unappetising for dogs who are attracted to food by the scent.

I would try adding a wet food like natures diet or natures menu/chicken or fish to the exisiting soaked food , look at the content of the food you are feeding and if it contains mainly animal derivatives and fillers I would consider gradually changing to a good quality food once your puppy has had a couple of weeks to settle in .
*gypsy*
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2010, 07:08 PM
for now ive made her some weetabix with a little warm milk..and she cant get enough of it!!! she completely ate the lot!! i'll stil take her for a check up in the morning and then invest in some other dog food, but thankyou all for your support x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >