Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I always take a crate and where I go so does the dog unless one of my close friends is benched near and then we take it in turns.
To be honest I ignore the don't remove from bench rubbish if people want to come and see a welshie they'll be loads in Discover Dogs, its al load of rubbish.
what are you not meant to move your dog from the benches all day, except for toilet obviously?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Where there on Sunday with Roscoe and possibly another day on DD if I can't get out of it.Cant say I'm looking forward to it to be honest, but its Ross first Crufts so we thought we'd better go. Dident bother last year at all, if any one wants to say hi in passing obviously I'll be on the welshie benching. See you there Em, alcohol may be needed lol.
Why would you agree to something you wanted to get out of? Discover dogs is for the benefit of your breed, Id of thought you would be delighted to help?
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
My dogs always stay with me and as I have 2 different breeds going that are in different halls it means at least 1 of my dogs is not going to be on its proper bench. We normally base ourselves at the whippet benches but have to go to the greyhound rings with Button.

I could take a whippet size crate but there is no way I am carrying a greyhound size crate all the way from the car park to the benches and the bench is neverbig enough for a crate that size anyway.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Good luck with Oscar and to everyone else who is showing. We are going to look around as we missed last year always look forward to going and always come back home with lots of goodies for the dogs.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I always take a crate and where I go so does the dog unless one of my close friends is benched near and then we take it in turns.
To be honest I ignore the don't remove from bench rubbish if people want to come and see a welshie they'll be loads in Discover Dogs, its al load of rubbish.
so would you not let a member of the public see your dogs, if they asked you? We discover our breed on the benches. The one they had in DD wouldn't have caught our eye as he wasn't a particularly good or typical specimen. Some of the DD people didn't seem that keen to chat about their dogs too, which I found was odd. I have found you get to know the breeds a bit better on the benches, and I also wouldn't go for a breed that seemed to have rude breeders. We ruled out two breeds because the breeders were unpleasant.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
so would you not let a member of the public see your dogs, if they asked you? We discover our breed on the benches. The one they had in DD wouldn't have caught our eye as he wasn't a particularly good or typical specimen. Some of the DD people didn't seem that keen to chat about their dogs too, which I found was odd. I have found you get to know the breeds a bit better on the benches, and I also wouldn't go for a breed that seemed to have rude breeders. We ruled out two breeds because the breeders were unpleasant.
yeah i agree, i think i learnt more at the benches, there smore to look at, and completely different looking dogs. i didnt like the cresteds in DD last year so if i had seen them just based on DD i dont think i would own one, or even know that powderpuffs existed.
meanvixen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
i was all excited about going to crufts but i missed the online entrys by 2 days so never managed to get entered
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Firstly in reply to Dawn, I love DD but last time was on with two numpties who had 1 welsh bitch theyd had spayed at 16 weeks on the advice of there vet who spent all day recommending this til I lost it completly, now they seem to think I should be on with these to "give advice" I almost snapped last time this time will only do it if I'm on with a sane person so not looking good.
In Reply to Loki, of course I'll let the public look at my dog on the bench and answer questions but I'm not prepared to do what the KC want and leave my dog on the bench for 9 hours with a few 10 min toilet breaks.
If you've had a problem with the dogs on DD that is really not the problem of the dogs in the show,many of who are unused to the pressure of such a massive crowd.
I said I'd never do Crufts again after a child a couple of years ago fed spence a toffee and I had to spend £100 at the vets getting a tooth removed.
And we were watching him but we had three dogs entered.
So until the public learns how to treat dogs I'll continue to take mine werever I go.
By the way this will be the last time I defend myself on here in fact goodbye all , sick of the general back bitting that goes on you might all want to think before you type or perhaps learn to ask questions in a more civilised manner.
Em I'll email you hun look forward to seeing you xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why would you agree to something you wanted to get out of? Discover dogs is for the benefit of your breed, Id of thought you would be delighted to help?
By the way Dawn refer to my earlier post but I did mean not looking forward to Crufts not DD first time in 2 years I've been tempted to do it. I love champ shows but hate Crufts and the crowds. Also DD is used as an excuse in some breeds for a free ticket in and a dog pass, not saying this happens in every breed but it can be a problem. I think it could be a lot better policed I love DD but as I've said not prepared to sit there on gundog day and be politically correct to novice dog owners.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Personally ive always found DD so disapointing,
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »