Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:10 PM

Crufts - I'm So Excited!!!

Is it sad that it's only January and already I'm getting excited about Crufts?!

Is anyone else going this year?

It'll be Oscar's first time at the grand old age of 10 months! We've booked a room at a lovely Pub near Coventry that's reputed to be seriously dog friendly, so should be fab!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Lucky you!

How do you qualify for Crufts? (total show dunce here) I don't "get" how the whole show thing works at all to be honest...although I'd like to try it one day
but perhaps not with the insane beast known as Bobo, despite her glamour!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Lucky you!

How do you qualify for Crufts? (total show dunce here) I don't "get" how the whole show thing works at all to be honest...although I'd like to try it one day
but perhaps not with the insane beast known as Bobo, despite her glamour!
Thanks!

For most breeds to qualify they have to get a first, second or third at a Champ show in either Minor Puppy, Puppy, Junior, Post Graduate, Limit, Open or Veteran.

Crufts is the only show you need to qualify for in this country, all others you can just enter then compete in.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm not going to Crufts, but if it is being held at the NEC (well LG now) there is a park called Elmdon park about 10 mins (if that) drive away which is lovely for the dogs (my local) There is water there, fields and woods, so suits all dogs really
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Thanks!

For most breeds to qualify they have to get a first, second or third at a Champ show in either Minor Puppy, Puppy, Junior, Post Graduate, Limit, Open or Veteran.

Crufts is the only show you need to qualify for in this country, all others you can just enter then compete in.
Right-o, thanks for that. I guess Oscar has won some Puppy classes?

Hmm...even if I (hypothetically) showed Bo and she (hypothetically) won something, she couldn't be shown at Crufts anyway cos' shes' docked.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Right-o, thanks for that. I guess Oscar has won some Puppy classes?

Hmm...even if I (hypothetically) showed Bo and she (hypothetically) won something, she couldn't be shown at Crufts anyway cos' shes' docked.
No that's true, that said Crufts is just a dog show like any other really! I think you should give it a go, most Champ Shows allow docked dogs in now anyway cos they've put the admission charge on to the car park instead!

Oscar got third in Puppy Dog and Junior Dog at LKA in December which was the last qualifying show of the year.

Talk about skin of yer teeth!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Im getting Excited (& abit Scared cos i havent done enough Training!)

We are also invloved in Organising a Massive Secret Presentation for Jazz's Retirement (Record breaking OB CC dog of all time 67ccs)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I can understand your excitement...I will never forget the thrill, crikey, nearly 15 years ago that I first qualified one of my dogs for Crufts...onlookers must have thought I had won the ticket I was that gobsmacked and excited..I was awarded 2nd in Minor Puppy at Bath at pups first show..I still get a tingle down my spine now when I think back

You could have knocked me down with a feather when Leon got placed at Crufts, then a few years later, Giddy got 3rd in puppy qualifying him for the following year and then a vhc in the next class..its a real buzz qualifying but it doesn't prepare you for actually receiving a crufts rosette...I had mine professionally framed

I always found the qualifying for Crufts to be far more exciting that the actual taking part though..it is such a long and expensive event, I know you feel proud to have achieved your qualification, but it really is so hyped up these days and I feel more aimed at the spectators than the exhibitors. I was very fortunate to qualify all those I showed over the years, and the buzz was still there every time...you wait and see

I don't show anymore but hope to again some time in the future...I just know that I will have the hunger to qualify something again..and then moan when I'm stuck at the show all day and can't leave until 4 pm

Best of luck with Oscar..he is a little beauty
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Good luck with Oscar xxxx

We're going to look round, but not entering hee!hee! no show dog here Im afraid
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Good luck with Oscar xxxx

We're going to look round, but not entering hee!hee! no show dog here Im afraid

oooo lucky you, you only live round the corner Can you take your dogs with you to watch? Now that would be good if they let you do that, sorry not well up on Crufts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »