Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
123barbara
New Member!
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Hello everyone
I am writing this message broken hearted,We had to lose my oldest and dearest, i would like to say Son but i no that sounds wacky but thats wot my Harvey was to me, my dog. I treated him as my child not a dog.
He really went down hill from me writting my last post, i think the turning point was when he did not want to go for a walk 3 days ago, he kept looking at me so sad, i had to phone the vet yesterday to come to the house, becaue i did not want to drag him in the car. The hardest thing i have every every had to do in my life.
I would just like to say the kindess thank you's to everyone who sent me lovely letters to try and help me through this time, Thank you all so so much
Barbara
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Barbara, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

It wont take the pain away but may give you some comfort to remind yourself what great times you had together and that you gave him a wonderful life.

RIP Harvey x

Best wishes
Victoria x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:54 AM
So sorry to hear this hun, It is such a sad time I know, like many others on here. I know what you mean about calling him 'son' I did that with my Jake, Boxer who we lost 12 months ago.

I set up this page for him take a look if you can,

http://jake.jake.pets.gonetoosoon.org/memorial/

I found that it really helped me, It is always there and you can go and visit as often as you want to.

So sorry for your loss
Elaine xxxxxx
PiggyWiggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm so sorry it got so bad this quick, but you must believe you did the right thing for him at the right time, not just for the sake of getting through this but because it's true. After all whhat would you have wanted him to do for you if the roles where reversed *silly thought i know but yet true*.

I feel the same about my pets *i don't care what anyone sy's* they are my babies . They are our children,babie's,family because we are responisble for them in every way and manner. We invite them into our homes and hearts too love them, we raise them and watch them grow *if you've had them from puppyhood, if not then we watch them adapt too their new home and watch them grow in that way*. We protect them, we buy things for them food,beds,toys,treats,etc.;
We see them everyday, we play with them, think of them when we aren't with them, wonder at times what is going through their wee minds, are there for them and look after them when ill.
We talk to them and tell them things *and talk too them about things we can't talk to children/family and friends about*, We cry and get upset and they know we are hurting and they come too you, we love them just as children/family as that is what they have become in the end.

What we get in return for all this is unconditional love from them, they get inside of you know the rhythm of your heart.

You knew when the time was right and he was showing the time was right for him to go and the sadness he was showing was even though he know the time was right for him to let go, he was showing his love for you and how sad it is for him that he knows he must go. You haven't lost him, he's still with you because you didn't let it get the best of him, you loved him that much you did the right thing
before the cancer took the best of him. And because of this the best of him will always be with you and not belong to or have been also taken with the cancer * if all that makes sence too you *.
Don't be thinking he's alone because he still has you in his heart and in the best of him that you never let the cancer take.

Your pain and hurt is not less then what it would be if it wasn't a pet, so don't feel silly for saying he was like a son because like people they all have their own little characteristics and things thet like.

I really feel for you hun and what your going through i know is hard. I'm looking all this still in the face and have all this bit still too come . And as i'm sure it's the same for you knowing all this doesn't make it any easier but in away it does and will help, time is the best healer of all.

((((HUGS)))) FOR YOU AND TOO HARVEY , ONE OF THE PUREST OFF PUREST OF GENTLEMEN THERE HAS BEEN AND ISN'T REALLY GONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THAT INNERNESS OF HIM AND HE WILL BE WITH YOU FOREVER. .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I am sorry to hear about Harvey I know the pain feels unbearable at the moment and will for a long time.

It will ease in time although 7 years on the date that I had to make the decision for my dear Max it still hurts as much as that dreaded day, but it passes quicker now.

(((Hugs))). X
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by 123barbara View Post
Hello everyone
I am writing this message broken hearted,We had to lose my oldest and dearest, i would like to say Son but i no that sounds wacky but thats wot my Harvey was to me, my dog. I treated him as my child not a dog.
He really went down hill from me writting my last post, i think the turning point was when he did not want to go for a walk 3 days ago, he kept looking at me so sad, i had to phone the vet yesterday to come to the house, becaue i did not want to drag him in the car. The hardest thing i have every every had to do in my life.
I would just like to say the kindess thank you's to everyone who sent me lovely letters to try and help me through this time, Thank you all so so much
Barbara
So sorry to hear this news, was only thinking about you yestaday

Rest well old man...
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I am so sorry Barbara My thoughts are with you all right now.

Sleep well Harvey x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Making that decision is the kindest, loving and most self-less act you could do for him and I do understand how hard it must have been for you.

I know the pain will be so raw right now, but given time it will lessen believe me and you will be able to look back with a smile on all your wonderful memories you have of him. That is the one thing about your time together that can never die.

My deepest condolences for your loss, please stay on Dogsey. I am sure we can all sympathise with you and perhaps help you get through this toughest of times.

RIP gentle Harvey - until you meet again at the bridge xx

PS, what a gorgeous post Piggywiggy xx
chevy2
New Member!
Female 

23-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I am so sorry, I know exactly how you are feeling.My labrador
was with me and my boys right through my marriage breakup,
my house move, the loss of both of my parents and as you say every tear that i cryed. She was 13 when i had to make that decision. One day her back legs went and she could not get up. Her quality of life had gone and i knew it was time. I had to get the vet to come to my house as i was in such a state., I lay beside her and cuddled her, she had her last polo mint. My heart was breaking but you have to do the right thing for your pet, you will know when that time comes.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3