Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Hope everything works out ok
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:54 AM
**Update so far** They have done the xray couldn't see any foreign bodies or tumours!! But there are significant marks on her bowel so they are thinking Inflammatory Bowel Disease???? They are going to run more tests, I need to phone again at 4 to see if they are going to keep her in and what the outcome is going to be....
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Sounds better than what we suspected, hope she home with you soon.
adya
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
Fly's been being sick all day, off her tea - had breakfast this morning and farting like a trooper but drinking plenty.... if she isnt better tomorrow it will be a trip to the vets!!

Any advice on another prob I'm having with her, I cant seem to get any weight on her! She was overweight when we left for our honeymoon (Nov) we were gone for 4 days and she lost ALOT of weight and seems to have lost a bit more and getting ribby, I feed her and Shadow 2 times a day, dont excercise her as much as Shadow and he's a perfect weight whilst she's still very skinny........any advise???
Hi!
Tell your vet if he can check her on Helicobacter Pylori (bacteria)I had a dog that almost die from it and it is curable.Just to discard..( check on alergies also-food,chemicals etc...) Blessings for both of you.
Adya
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 07:17 PM
She's back home, I honestly thought they would have had her in again tonight, they think it is Inflammatory Bowel, we have a course of antibiotics and we have to go back on Monday for another consulatation, they say her weight is healthy (we saw the vet nurse when picking her up) which I'm not overly confidence and I made sure they knew this!! There is no way a dog can lose half her weight in 4 days whilst being fed the same and exercised the same and not put anything on in 3 months when excerise has been decreased and food increased?! Or am I just over thinking? I'm going to bring it up on Monday, and I think she is far too ribby and you can visibly see her hips!! Am I just being to concerned??
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 07:52 PM
No, I don't think you are being overly-concerned at all if she has lost that much weight. I'm a big believer in the owner knows the dog best.

Is there not another vet you could go to for a second opinion rather than wait until Mondays consultation? I think I would feel better if someone else took a look at her.

Sorry to hear of how poorly she has been, this must be a great worry for you

Hugs to you both and I hope she feels better soonxxxx
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 08:05 PM
The vet nurse also recommended I use puppy food to build her up?? I think I will take her to our Dundee Vet where our pup is registered if I they can fit her in tomorrow. She currently is on burn's senior dry and chappie, she's quite picky with her meat.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Leanne

Did your vet do any blood tests to check organ function, glucose levels etc? She may be at a good weight for her size at the moment so this is possibly why they are happy with her weight but the fact that she lost weight so quickly despite being on increased food and decreased exercise suggests that there is a problem so should be investigated further. If she was mine I would be looking for a second opinion.
Hope she gets better soon.
adya
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
The vet nurse also recommended I use puppy food to build her up?? I think I will take her to our Dundee Vet where our pup is registered if I they can fit her in tomorrow. She currently is on burn's senior dry and chappie, she's quite picky with her meat.
Good idea.A second opinion is OK!
Talking about food, when my dogs had been sick on the digestive system, normal vet recommendation is to give cooked white rice (no salt or oil-NO GREASE) with boiled chicken.Small pieces,small service.Not too dry.Or the "broth" after boiling some chicken in water. I am not so sure about dry food now. It can be heavy on stomach.Ask your vet.(I bought dry organic grain free food for my dog after digestive problems and not feeling sure, finish giving raw food.)Let us know about your dog!!
I will bring your baby to pets prayer request group and i will pray and meditate for the better outcome.
A big hug,
Adya ,
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Thank you Adya. They didn't do any blood tests as they felt her being sick they couldn't gauge the outcome of the tests properly, so they were going to wait till the consultation on Monday. Tbh I would have had her at the vet nearer to me than the one in Kirrie, but because she's registered there and they know her we thought it was the sensible idea, but they seemed to have dismissed anything to do with her weight loss - all I got was it's normal for dog's to lose weight when they are being sick etc, I was like she lost before this arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! They gave me recovery tins for her to feed her till Monday, then feed her the puppy meat to put weight on her after she's back to normal.

Tbh both mum and I are thinking diabetes, as she isnt putting weight on and before this sickness she was always look for food, and being fed well, urinating more often, and drinking. She always seemed to be hot/panting even though it wasn't hot in the house?!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >