View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-01-2007, 03:23 AM

1 year old peeing the house after house training.

Please help, my Bear is 1 year old, and has been house trained fully since 5 months of age, yet these past couple of days she has soiled my Dad's bed, 2 different carpets, and my own bed which is why I am up at 3:23am as it's soiled.

I offered her the chance to go outside, and she just ran up stairs and peed on my bed with out warning.

Please help. There's no pooing, just peeing.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi Mike there could be a number of reasons for Bears behaviour, she could have a urinary tract infection that will require veterinary attention or she may be coming in season. Also have you changed her food/ routine in any way/taking her out at different times?

Clean up the accidents and try to remove all traces with biological washing powder for sheets and the carpet if it is colourfast (carpet shampoo if it is not).
Don't be cross with Bear for soiling or she will do it when you are not around or where it can't be seen.

I would keep the doors closed an exclude her from some of the rooms for the moment.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Is she coming into season?
Becky
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't know. She's 14 months old, and I still haven't seen her have a season, so maybe she is. I'm making an appointment for the vets today to see what they think.
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Mike there could be a number of reasons for Bears behaviour, she could have a urinary tract infection that will require veterinary attention or she may be coming in season. Also have you changed her food/ routine in any way/taking her out at different times?

Clean up the accidents and try to remove all traces with biological washing powder for sheets and the carpet if it is colourfast (carpet shampoo if it is not).
Don't be cross with Bear for soiling or she will do it when you are not around or where it can't be seen.

I would keep the doors closed an exclude her from some of the rooms for the moment.
Hi Mini,

I haven't changed anything in terms of feeding and letting her out. The accidents are going to be cleaned soon, and she's been banned from all carpeted areas of the house until I'm confident she won't do it again.

I'm not even slightly mad at Bear, but I'm angry at myself and feel like I maybe I haven't done a good enough job of raising her. *Sigh*
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by I lubz Mini Schnauzers View Post
Hi Mini,

I haven't changed anything in terms of feeding and letting her out. The accidents are going to be cleaned soon, and she's been banned from all carpeted areas of the house until I'm confident she won't do it again.

I'm not even slightly mad at Bear, but I'm angry at myself and feel like I maybe I haven't done a good enough job of raising her. *Sigh*
Don't put yourself down but you are right to get her checked out if this is out of character for her.
If she comes back all clear then it could be a number of little things even showing a little bit of dominance. Do you let her sleep on the bed, just out of interest? Personally it doesn't sound like it is this though. You are right to shut her out of these rooms. Go back a step with the toilet training, going outside with her again, lots of fuss etc.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by I lubz Mini Schnauzers View Post
Hi Mini,

Mike you've done a great job with Bear ,she is a delight .
Bear can't tell you when there is a problem but a change in behaviour is a good indication.

Let's see what the vet says before we look at other options, as I said in my first post there is a chance it is an infection or hormone/ season related so we need to rule that out before we look at behaviour . (give her a big hug from Aunty Mini )
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Aye, thanks guys. I'm calling up the vets today, and I'm going to make an appointment for her.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Please don't reproach yourself for anything. Sounds like you have done a great job raising Bear. She is probably coming into season and she won't know herself what is going on.
I lubz Mini Schnauzers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-01-2007, 04:07 PM
I've made an appointment for her for tomorrow morning at 9:50am. We told them the problem, and they said to take a sample of urine to them in the morning. She's also due for her yearly vaccination as well, I'm surprised they didn't remind me of it like they said they would.

Bear is my first dog, sometimes I can feel a little out of my depth. They're a lot of work, but it's worth it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >