View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Got the blood form, was heading home when I got a WhatsApp from Steve, he had put the hall light on and when in the kitchen, turned round and noticed they had smashed the glass above the door! It's actually got a lose bit and if anyone slammed a door it would fall out. We have a problem...you have to sign a form to say no damages...the 2 men stood in the kitchen and Steve ended up in the doorway so he didn't look up...I just said call the housing and tell them first thing and if they want to squabble over a bit of £7 glass, we will just chuck perspex in...much safer
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Good grief griff it just gets worse. Are these fitters actually bona fide kitchen fitters I wonder.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2019, 09:08 PM
To be honest Lynn...I am having my doubts, apparently next door but one decided new kitchen new appliances..she got a new washer, they plumbed it in for her and she used it but couldn't get it to drain....turns out they had put the drainpipe in pointing up instead of down!! She contacted the people who said they would have a plumber there in the hour....I left 2 hours later..no show
Hers has been going on for 6 weeks now...I have assured Steve his won't... just said give me the guys number when needed and he will get a call informing him I am involving councillors and press. I am worn out, it takes me 1 hr 20 each way and I obviously have to get up to ensure my girls haven't just got out of their bed crates to go into a day one plus tonight I have had another 1hr 50 round trip to get the blood form that they threw out. It smacks very much of you are a HA tenant so tough.. put up with it, if my parents were employing them they would be told to leave...no payment but as Steve and his neighbours are tenants it's difficult
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Oh Griff it sounds very much like the treatment I get here. Steve had to come to an arrangement with the guy that the landlady sent in to do the kitchen. Steve would do the tiling for free and the bloke agreed, well he still got paid for it and we got our tiling done properly.......not like the work her builders did in our bathroom, even I could have done a better job.

I hope Steve gets it sorted soon. Have they got to come back to finish or have they supposed to be finished?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Just started today Moyra! I don't see it being done anytime soon, I have bought his tiles as the ones they offered were crap, got Jasper conran ones again and if they wreck them...god help them!! He still has his sink unit & cooker in so I suspect the plumber will be in tomorrow, the weird thing is... They are fitting the kitchen units and then putting in the new ceiling, I think it should be ceiling then units so they don't get covered in plaster. He goes back to work Monday so I am going to end up getting up super early Monday and going to sit at his house until he finishes work...I can't do that every day for weeks, it will kill me!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2019, 10:02 PM
oh God that's too much to expect of any friend. Makes life difficult for him. Has he got any more leave to come? I must go to bed. I'll say Goodnight all.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2