Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 07:24 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 18th February.2019

Morning everyone, had a bad night Amber kept pinching all the bed and the covers off me. Oh well, I survived. I hope everyone is well or getting well and their four legged friends are too.

Have a good day all, wrap up warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Wet underfoot today and looks like it might rain to.

Still feeling a bit bleurgh but flu takes time to get over so will take things easy and hopefully will be well by 27th Feb as Paul and Beth getting married at Kings Lynn registry office and we are witnesses.
Need to get out to get outfits and my hair done to.

Lovely pictures of Rosie Mandy.
griff good luck with the planning dept., today.

To everyone else hope you and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Good luck finding something nice for the wedding Lynn.

Amber obviously approves of your new mattress Moya

Dull and damp this morning so nothing planned

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Morning all
Lynn, planning may need to wait until tomorrow! The kitchen fitters haven't turned up at Steve's again...not coming this week, trying to sort that out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Afternoon Sue.
Goodness griff this is getting ridiculous with these fitters isn't it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Yes Lynn, he is going crazy, he slammed the phone down on the supervisor and is waiting for them to call him back with a start date...he has been waiting for 3 hours for the call back. He is now getting to the point of telling them to stuff it and to not dare increase his rent. They just kept going on about give us a key etc...he said no way, he wasn't leaving his dog with strangers. I am going to write a letter for him and send a copy to the housing association and to the actual company themselves...I am really wound up and it's not even my house!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2019, 12:56 PM
I think he's right if you have a dog unless you or someone you trust is able to be there you cannot give strangers a key.
All the possible horros running through my mind must be running through Steve's and yours to.
It's a stupid request in my book obviously ti works for people who have no responsibilities left in the house when gone out to work but for those that do it doesn't work.
Even if no pets you would have to make sure all valuables were safe you really don't know who you let in.
If Steve's prepared to take time off work then surely they should be prepared to work round that.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 04:17 PM
I think its disgusting the way they are treating Steve if they want the work they should make the effort to be there for him. I wouldn't leave access to my flat in such circumstances either.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Well I went up to see him....he is sooooooo stressed, they haven't called him back, I did offer to call on his behalf but he said he would call tomorrow.
Molly is scared of men so it's more complicated than just worrying about leaving her with strangers... it's the fact that she may get so scared she bites... unlikely to happen but can't say impossible
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Even more so then that they work round him. A lot of companies now ask if you have a dog on the premises and they would expect it locked in another room or in the garden and that's if your present.
We had this a lot in Harlow gas people etc.,
Here neary everybody has a dog or had one and they are more than happy to meet and greet Dillon.
Even the SSE meter reader who came a couple of months ago specifically asked to fuss him.
Norfolk and Cambridge seem to be full of dog people and what's better know about them.
No wonder he is stressed bet you are to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >