Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 07:39 AM

Daily Thread Friday 25th January

Good morning everyone

I say good but it is still dark and heavy drizzle. Will have to see what the day brings other than housework

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 07:54 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well, including those who were suffering.

Have a good day all, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Yep grey here and wet. Typical as the birds won't come and try the new bird seed. Ah well sods law I suppose. Just a quick question: What do you find to do all day if you don't go out to work? Just wondered as I find the days sometimes just drag on and am ready to go to bed some days. Other days are ok and I find things to do. Especially as I don't have my beautiful boy to look after now. Mind you he looked after me really.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Yeh the birds like the new food. Clouded over now after the sun did try to come out. Have a good rest of the afternoon peeps.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Morning everyone
Cold & grey here, busy day yesterday, went to SW lost 1lb, then our beauty place had a offer on some treatments, so got a gel manicure for £10, had clear gel work don’t moan.
Lauryn got eyebrow wax & tint & eyelash tint for the same price then I got work for 8hrs. Lauryn took Rosie out for a wander.
Today I’m going for a blood test because my doctors want me to do a health mot. My mum in law needs one too, so I said we’d go together.
I’m not at work till 4.30, only for 4hrs then I’ve got the weekend off
Be back later, hope you all have a good day

I’ve just realised that I’d posted this on yesterday’s thread
So now back home & had blood test- the guy was great chatted lots, took my mind off it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Afternoon everyone and those still to come.

brenda I find some good box sets to watch. glad the birds like the new food sometimes they need a little bit of time to get use to new stuff some sparrows ans starlings are now visiting the feeding station we put up almost two weeks ago.
Glad the blood test went well Mandy.
griff hope today is a better day with dad.

We walked Dillon then went out for breakfast and then onto a fireplace shop in Godmanchester. Nice electric log burner but the flames weren't very convincing not as good still as the optimist so looks like that's the type we will be going for plus it was so much money for an electric fire. £800 but that's because it is the cast iron like real burners are made out of.
Also went onto a garden centre and b&q ans have bought 5 new pots for the plants we bought on Monday.
Gorden bought me a twisted Hazel for christmas as we had to leave the one he bought for one of my birthdays back in Upwell. So pot for that and the Camelia and the winter clematis and the weeping pussy willow.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Good afternoon all.

Not as cold here today and it's been quite bright this afternoon.

We go out every morning, Brenda. Set off about 10 am and get home about 1 pm. We have breakfast, walk, coffee, a sit on the seafront. Never seem to get bored of it.

I tend to read rather than watch TV, but I do watch Emmerdale and Corrie (then complain at how barmy the storylines are ). I also have a time on [a social network]. Play a couple of word games, but I'm not addicted to them so usually wait until I'm bored to go on them. I also chat to my kids via messenger and have long conversations with my sister once or twice a week.

If I was on my own (rather than the two of us), I'd probably start going to the coffee mornings and one or two of the other activities that go on at the village hall so that I could meet a few new people.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-01-2019, 06:30 PM
'Evening all

Have been AWOL Mrs. Losos had her hip replacement operation two weeks ago and I have been head cook and bottle washer, she is slowly getting to move about but's been hard for her and my time has been fully occupied with meals, cleaning, laundry, and shopping, and of course keeping dear old Casey happy

I do look in form time to time. Will keep you all posted on things when we gte back to 'normal'

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just a quick question: What do you find to do all day if you don't go out to work? Just wondered as I find the days sometimes just drag on and am ready to go to bed some days.

Brenda, things are hectic right now (See above) but even in normal times I never seem to have time to do all the things I want to do. I am more busy now that when I worked 40 or so hours a week as a wage slave
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Hello Harvey send my best wishes to Mrs Harvey please. Plus to you also I can imagine you have been very busy.
Hope Casey is well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Heal well Mrs Losos, take care of yourself too Harvey.
Brenda, I tend to do wordsearches on my Kindle, take myself for a little walk and even started learning a language... Italian, you can get them for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >