Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Dogsey Directory - new!

I've been busy beavering away on our new Dogsey Directory

As many of you know we already have a 'Your Websites' section on the forum, where genuine members can post about their sites so long as they have a reciprocal link back to us... but often you get people who post a thread there, put a link to us on their website, and then take our link down after a few days

So we need a more robust system that gives our legitimate members a way to post about their websites, while keeping out the spammers - and I think this new system does just that

How do you get your site listed?

Easy. Just place a reciprocal link back to Dogsey on your site and then submit your listing to the Directory. So long as you keep our link up, your link will stay up (the system will check links every few days automatically).

First come first serve

First to get listed will show at the top... so early adopters get rewarded

Forum integration

We will also be using this system on member profiles, so once a link has been accepted to the Directory, the user can enter their listing code in their profile. At some point we will look into showing people's directory listing link in their signatures too

Which links won't we accept

We of course reserve the right to remove any links we do not want to be associated with, but generally these will be sites promoting or belonging to: electric shock collar manufacturers and retails, puppy farmers, competing websites.

Well I think that's it if you're looking to get a good quality link to your website for SEO purposes, then the Dogsey Directory is worth checking out

If you need any help with the new Directory, just ask
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a good idea Azz.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Looks great! Very clever!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Sounds good
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you re not accepting shock collars..
AlexanderConner
New Member!
Male 

16-05-2013, 07:02 AM
nice concept I have recently gone through this. But is it necessary to add your website details in same website which I am going to add in your directory.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by AlexanderConner View Post
nice concept I have recently gone through this. But is it necessary to add your website details in same website which I am going to add in your directory.
Yes it's part of the conditions

How do you get your site listed?

Easy. Just place a reciprocal link back to Dogsey on your site and then submit your listing to the Directory. So long as you keep our link up, your link will stay up (the system will check links every few days automatically).
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Really brilliant! Thank you Azz and mod's
Closed Thread