Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Recovery

Has anyone had there bitch spayed if so how well did they cope with the whole ordeal, My wee Kiara is really traumatised by the whole thing.

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
She'll be fine
Teagan moped around for a day or so, then was back to her normal self, causing trouble!
Lucky though - Kiara only has a tiny wound!
Teagans was about 6" long!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Ah Nichola it's early days yet, the scar looks very small and neat compared with many I have seen... don't worry your little one will get over her unpleasant experience in no time and just think..no more seasons to worry about .If there is any particular way you think Kira is traumatised tell us and maybe someone on here can help

Ps. Kira is very lovely do these little dogs have nice temperaments?
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
She got done on tuesday, she seems to be crying quite a bit i know she will be sore and uncomfortable but. I take her out for the toilet as soon as she is done she is up and into her bed and there she stays she normally follows me everywhere even if i go to the bathroom now she just lies there and cries evey time i go out the room is this normal maybe it is and im just worrying too much.
Carole
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Star picked up a lot the day after but the first night she just lay and cried A week later it was as if she never had an op.
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Nichola I guess dogs are like us with differing pain thresholds maybe Kira's is low, perhaps if you jolly her along and are not too sympathetic (though it is hard not to be with a face like that) she will perk up a bit and feel less sorry for herself If you are at all concerned or think there is a real problem don't hesitate to contact the vet. Think about it though... if you feel ill and everone says oh dear pooooor you you feel worse..but if someone says get your coat I am taking you out and no excuses you often feel better please keep us posted as to how you are getting on
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Tara was done on feb 1st..when she first came home, she went to her bed and slept just getting up for a pee before bed..The next day she was back to normal,Tara's a staffie and they do have a high pain threashold..I am sure your little girl will be okay. If she continues crying and is in obvious pain, I would take her back to the vet,just to put your mind at rest...hope she is better soon...
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks everyone, I went out earlier tonight and let her alone for a while, Now i know she is getting better coz she managed to get the toilet paper and ripped it to shreds and when i came in she was all over me i had to try and get her to sit at peace before she burst her stitches. So i feel peace of mind now so thanks again.
Carole
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 10:00 PM
thats great news
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Thats good to hear Nichola, as the days go by your little one will improve remember...jolly her along
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >