View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 03:18 PM
We've had a lot of trouble with this, our dog can't eat anything hardly other than Hills ID kibble and the canned is what got her back to normality, the kibble even had to be introduced gradually...

She does seem able to have a raw bone, she gets loose after it but not with mucous etc so it's more just normal looseness after eating bones, as many dogs do get.

Other dog foods just set her off, as does other things like sardines, eggs, rice, even seemingly slivers of fruit!
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2006, 03:21 PM
thankyou for all your reply's.
i will read the link with recipes later as i am off to my college course which i was forced into doing from work
we also have to see vet about keira's diet on friday so will be useful to know a bit about the food before we go to see him
thanks again
Sweetie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2006, 10:19 AM
A friends vet advised to fed Chappie to her bitch that has Colitus, she is doing very well on it

Tracy
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 10:58 AM
my husky bitch has a sensitive stomach & she is on chappie ,dry variety with chicken,she won't eat the original one.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Chappie didn't help my dog unfortunately, it would have been a lot cheaper!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum
my oldie used to have gilpa value mix and never suffered from colitis again.
Both mine are fed that mix (1 cup each at night) along with Prize Choice meat, either tripe, lamb or chicken. And I've never had any trouble with it. Occassionally goes soft, but definately no bot rot in this household
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Some people avoid Eukanuba for ethical reasons.

I have heard that Chappie can be excellent for dogs with sensitive stomachs

I am sure there will be much good advice on what to feed coming your way from experienced people here
I wouldn't touch Eukanuba or Iams for this very reason, really upsets me how they can protest to be the best thing for your dog, as if they care, then do what they do behind closed doors.

JMHO
Tan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Burns is good for digestive upsets - I know folk who have used it. You could do worse than give their nutritionists a try - I'm all for free advice!
There's an advice request form on their website http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk
I was also told that feeding cooked rice with a little chicken or fish in it is good for upset tums - at least til it's settled down.
Rottie Girl
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2008, 03:06 PM
My rottie suffers with colitus and he was reared on pro plan which was to rich for him i have been advised by vet graham oliver to put him on chappie he has been on chappie now for a few months and there has been no runnie poos or blood so chappie does work for my rottie hope this helps
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi, I have a colitis sufferer. He originally did well on Chappie for a few years then he developed an intolerance to chicken! Now he is on Naturediet fish & rice and has been for 4 months now. He's doing great so far!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >