View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes me too

While talking about those parts, my boys have a very good covering of fur over theirs, do all dogs or just dogs with heavy coats?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes, they do, it was when he lost coat that it would start, he was also very well endowed and would rub the coat off them on the concrete that I asked to be rough because I thought it would be best for their feet, talk about making innocent mistakes.

Think the trouble was when he was at the peak of his coat loss he would graze the largest side and that would become infected and would take ages to heal, it was then ok till the next molt but over the years it took its toll and in the end he developed a tumour as you know.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi,
Sorry I must of explained a bit wrong, there was no pus. I thought there was when I was out with him, but when I got him home to have a look it was skin I could see hanging down. They were a right mess, they looked like they were falling apart.
Anyway been to the vets, there is no infection so thats ok. He said they are peeling, but have dried up and instead of the skin coming of normally like dandruff its coming off in big lumps. He gave him a shot of something to make sure and I have to use sudacream on them twice a day
At least he's ok, thats the main thing

Mitch
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Poor wee man. Hope his bits feel better soon xxx
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by mitch
Hi,
Sorry I must of explained a bit wrong, there was no pus. I thought there was when I was out with him, but when I got him home to have a look it was skin I could see hanging down. They were a right mess, they looked like they were falling apart.
Anyway been to the vets, there is no infection so thats ok. He said they are peeling, but have dried up and instead of the skin coming of normally like dandruff its coming off in big lumps. He gave him a shot of something to make sure and I have to use sudacream on them twice a day
At least he's ok, thats the main thing

Mitch
Ooo sounds painful, but good theres no infection Curious to know why they`ve peeled tho, is it becaues thje skins very dry Take it the sudocreams to keep them moisturised?

Glad alls well tho
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Yes, they do, it was when he lost coat that it would start, he was also very well endowed and would rub the coat off them on the concrete that I asked to be rough because I thought it would be best for their feet, talk about making innocent mistakes.

Think the trouble was when he was at the peak of his coat loss he would graze the largest side and that would become infected and would take ages to heal, it was then ok till the next molt but over the years it took its toll and in the end he developed a tumour as you know.
Yes not a lot of protection when they moult, specially if they`re big boys

But glad it turned out ok for your boy J & for Jack as well
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Would think that Toesy has been in contact with something that has caused a reaction and burned the skin, could be anything from the washing powder his bed is washed in to whatever is used to wash the yard down and all steps in between.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Hope Toesy is ok,good luck at the vets.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2