register for free

Dog News

Daventry to fine dog walkers who go out without poo bags

...has received 25 comments (page 2)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 01:34 PM
That's fine in the forested areas where they ask for it, but not on the streets or walkways.

It's a major problem nationwide. I can't imagine anyone who finds it acceptable to tread in it or walk through areas where the surrounding grass is covered in piles of poop

Catching in the act isn't practical so catching without a bag is far easier to enforce
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't walk my dogs in the streets or walkways, we walk in the woods. Who said they found it acceptable to tread in dog doo ? Must have missed that one. We don't really have a problem on the grass verges, no idea about the Park behind my garden as I've never set foot in it in the 17 years I've lived here. Too many kids and yappy dogs for my liking. Doesn't make me wrong for not carrying poo bags though, why carry what you don't use.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 02:20 PM
If you don't walk on streets or walkways or other similar areas, then I would imagine that you wouldn't see a PCSO anyway so wouldn't have a problem

I can't believe that anyone misunderstands the intent of what Daventry is trying to do. Good on 'em for taking positive steps in the right direction
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Oh do Pcso's not venture off road then, swear I read a story of them refusing to help save a kid in a pond.
Anyway I saw no mention of streets and pathways in that link and the picture is definitely a dog in a park and it goes on to mention arriving at a venue one assumes a park not a pavement, well this one does anyway.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 03:18 PM
I think you know where I'm coming from with this. You walk in the forest. The forest has signs that tell you to stick and flick. Way to go, you are doing what the forest says and so I imagine aren't breaking any fouling Laws.

Walk on the streets or other areas and stick and flick and you are and fouling in this type of public area is a major, major problem and needs to be addressed
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 03:27 PM
There is no mention of them policing the streets though is there?
The people they are targeting are not the stick and flick brigade but the I see no doggy doo people who wander off without a backwards glance but you can't tell which is which by the absence of poo bags about your person. It's already illegal to allow your dog to cr@p on the pavement round here the fine is a grand. So can't see it replacing that so it must be aimed at parks and playing fields etc. So why go on about streets?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Obviously, there's either some communication problem here or we have totally opposing views

I tend to think that irresponsible owners who don't pick up are a major problem and any effort to try to stop them is good.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 04:18 PM
To avoid confusion, I do mean in areas where you aren't told to 'stick and flick'
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-10-2015, 04:25 PM
I get that but this initiative appears from the link not to include streets and pavements, it appears to be about parks, I can't see why you have to have a poo bag to be a responsible owner, I really can't, what's wrong with using a tissue? A raw fed Pug produces about 5 small pebbles of poo, easily contained in a tissue. Picking up is still picking up and I think this initiative is overkill, I really do.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2015, 04:39 PM
but, to be fair, many of the ones leaving the mess have much bigger dogs than a pug.

Rosie is a Border Terrier and a tissue wouldn't do it for her.

Even if you don't normally pick up with a bag, is it really a big inconvenience to carry a small plastic bag in a pocket?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top