Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:00 PM

Noisy tummy?

Hi,
Could anyone tell me if its normal to hear noises coming from your dogs stomach.
You can hear gurgly noises when you press your ear against her tummy but every so often you can hear them out loud, asif shes hungry (like our tummies would make noises)

Shes eating and drinking fine
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Yep I think it's normal. I can hear both my dogs tums..not usually out loud but I don't think that's anything to worry about...unless she was loosing weight or had any issues toileting.

My staffie is very windy...which they are renowned for so it could just be that.
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Its not something iv really noticed before but now iv heard it once im paranoid and keep hearing it, especially after her meals. Its just the same sounds our tummies make out loud when were hungry, not the so much of a full belly rumble, but short noises
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
If its after meals then its just the tummy churning everything about and digesting it I would have tought.
dlw21849
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jess2107 View Post
Hi,
Could anyone tell me if its normal to hear noises coming from your dogs stomach.
You can hear gurgly noises when you press your ear against her tummy but every so often you can hear them out loud, asif shes hungry (like our tummies would make noises)

Shes eating and drinking fine
My vet said it could be your dogs tummy is upset from the food you feed them if it happens a lot try a new food.
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
It seems to be happening when I use the butchers pro-vitality. I used to feed Skinners with half tinned but to cut a long story short my vet told me to take her off it and try another food as she vomits frequently and gets itchy even tho its hypoallergenic it could be something else in it.. So I put her on a mixer and meat last Friday and since Monday iv noticed the gurgling but people keep telling me its normal and out stomachs do it too? Could it be indigestion? Or is there anything I could give her? Bought some charcoal biscuits as I was told they help with gassyness but not sure how many she can have?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jess2107 View Post
It seems to be happening when I use the butchers pro-vitality. I used to feed Skinners with half tinned but to cut a long story short my vet told me to take her off it and try another food as she vomits frequently and gets itchy even tho its hypoallergenic it could be something else in it.. So I put her on a mixer and meat last Friday and since Monday iv noticed the gurgling but people keep telling me its normal and out stomachs do it too? Could it be indigestion? Or is there anything I could give her? Bought some charcoal biscuits as I was told they help with gassyness but not sure how many she can have?
Hi Jess As the problem seems to coincide with the change in food I would say that could be the source of the problem . A lot of mixers contain cereal often wheat which some dogs don't tolerate very well.
If feeding complete maybe try a fish based food which contains rice or potato , there are a number about like Wafcol and Fish4dogs. That may help with the vomiting and itching too.
If feeding tinned food Chappie seems to suit a lot of sickly dogs.
Jess2107
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Shes had half a tin of chappi on its own this morning and i cant hear the loud noises as of yet just hope she isnt sick. Shes managed to go 9 days so far. If shes sick again, she will have to have blood tests and xrays which im dreading as my elderly dog had a mass tumour on her chest the last time we paid for xrays