View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear that poor Jack is unwell again. I do hope you manage to find the cause of all his problems - it must be worrying you that he is having a repeat of his sickness etc.
Are you thinking of taking him back to the vet for the x-Rays to find out once and for all what the real problem is?
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure what to do with him at the moment. Once he's been sick he's absolutely fine. He's been fine all day, looking for food. He's quite relaxed, not showing any signs of pain or distress and his gums are a healthy colour.

I did "google" myself into a panic thinking it could be kidney problems, but he had blood tests last August and his kidney and liver function were perfectly normal.
Jack is almost 10 now and I don't relish the thought of him being sedated or anaesthetised for tests. Of course I would take him for treatment but he doesn't appear to be that ill, if you understand what I mean.
I'll see how he is after eating tomorrow and if he's sick again I'll take him back to vets........or should I take him anyway?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Sharon, what a nuisance poor Jack. Is he pooing ok?
I would see how he is tomorrow after a small meal , if he vomits again I would go back to the vet .
When did he have the tripe stick...
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes he's pooing O.K. He has a small tripe stick most evenings as a treat.
Meg
Supervisor

07-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by parsonsmum View Post
Yes he's pooing O.K. He has a small tripe stick most evenings as a treat.
..maybe it was a tripe stick this time then that caused a problem if Jack has been alright for the last week . I would see how he is tomorrow .
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Poor Jack! Sorry to hear he's unwell again.

Sorry to go all gross again but... how big were the tripe stick pieces in the barf? My littlest is not allowed certain kinds of treats-- one of them the lovely Burns' Sausages-- because she just gnarfs them down in three bites and yaks them back up practically whole. There's no obstruction; she just didn't chew it. Could that be happening with Jack? How does he eat them? Does he bolt them down?

I am with you on not wanting to subject him to sedation and tests when he's otherwise okay. It is certainly worth having a talk with the vet about his symptoms, though, if you can.
Meg
Supervisor

09-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi Sharon any news on Jack, I hope he is better...
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Hiya!
Strangechilde.....there were 2 bits of tripe, one about 2cms square the other one smaller.
Jack is quite a slow eater and he does crunch up his tripe sticks, but he must have swallowed a too big piece.

Mini.......Yesterday Jack was up earlier than usual and went out for a poo (normal) then 10 minutes later he was back out the garden eating grass. He had another poo not long after and passed all the grass. So I've stopped worrying that he has a blockage as the grass appears to have cleaned all his tubes out.

I kept him on boiled chicken and a few mini bonios yesterday and this morning he's eaten his normal food.....he's raw fed.

Alls well today, so far so fingers crossed he's over it now.
If it does happen again though I think he'll have to see the vet again, not along the lines of a blockage, but to check there's not something else causing these episodes.

Thanks for asking.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4