View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I sometimes add a can of sardines to Kibo's or add hot water which makes it smell amazing!!
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Do you think this would be suitable for puppies - thinking of trying Flynn on it, he is 4 1/2 months, but they don't have a puppy version. Also is 41% protein not quite high?? Our trainer at agility club has made some comments about maybe trying a lower protein food to help calm him down a bit....(he's raw fed at the mo) but I'm not convinced, although 41% does seem very high protein level - anyone noticed any change in dogs behavior on this?
Thanks
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by loupoppins View Post
Do you think this would be suitable for puppies - thinking of trying Flynn on it, he is 4 1/2 months, but they don't have a puppy version. Also is 41% protein not quite high?? Our trainer at agility club has made some comments about maybe trying a lower protein food to help calm him down a bit....(he's raw fed at the mo) but I'm not convinced, although 41% does seem very high protein level - anyone noticed any change in dogs behavior on this?
Thanks
Mine were fine on it but we always use similar quality foods, Applaws is on offer at viovet at the moment similar quality thats what we are on at the moment but Eden is for all ages so will be fine x x
https://www.viovet.co.uk/Pet_Foods_D.../category.html

Scrap that the puppy 1 is a smaller bag than the adult, so pound for pound may as well get Eden x x
carlyjo
New Member!
Female 

04-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Natures first is another good one- all natural
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks
Hi, If you take a look on their site there is lots of information about their kibble and why it's suitable for dogs of all ages. They also have a very good and informative page on " Another Social Media Site " which again will give you lots of great information.

My dog is mainly raw fed, with many a couple of meals of Eden a week. He eats it better than any other kibble I've ever offered him and I can't say as I've noticed a change in his behaviour

As always, food is always down to what suits you, what suits your dog and what suits your pocket
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2013, 04:33 PM
My puppy was on it.. he did well at first it cleared runny eyes and his stools firmed up.

After about 3-4 weeks on his poo's seem to really stink - like enough to wake the dead!

He also started to eat his own poo's after never showing any interest in it before even when he'd had severe squits one night and it had been all over garden with him needing to go out every hour.

I tried to ask on their FB group as always someone around on FB to chat and ask advise etc.. the comment said awaiting moderation but never went on.. I asked on another forum and now I can't post on Eden group at all not even photo's of my dog.

I don't see anything wrong with asking if anyone else had the problem of their dogs having really strong poo after been on Eden and whether their dogs had started eating it? .. obviously they don't want anything negative been discussed on their pages.

so I'm afraid my puppy will be coming off it as I at £50 a bag I expect exceptional customer support not been blocked and ignored cos they don't like the question or want anyone else discussing any side effects!

It's a shame as I was attracted to the food due to their theory and it was a good food except for this single issue.. which someone may have been able to resolved had I been allowed to ask!

I've decided to try a different one in case it was the whole eggs in the product not agreeing with pup and stick with a single protein rather than multi meats in so trying Bob & Lush Duck & veg next as we had the trial and he loved it (and got £25 off first order)
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks
Did your trainer say what is a good level of protein for calming down dog?

My puppy has gone for my hands several times but he's also teething so it's hard to know if its cos his teeth are bothering him as his big back teeth are coming through at the minute so his face looks a bit swollen. So he's in his crate with some frozen toys/chews as he's just restless and wanting to bite/chew.
vmay93
New Member!
Female 

28-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi,

I've got a Cocker Spaniel who is quite fussy about his food, has anyone else found Eden to be good for fussy eaters. (he really liked ziwipeak but it's so expensive if that helps)

Thanks
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 03:48 PM
My 2 loved it, I used two big sack fulls, I seem to swap and change really but they were ok on it x x Ziwi peak looked great except the price or I would have tried it by now, is it really light weight like the treats that are freeze dried??
vmay93
New Member!
Female 

28-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah it looks like strips of jerky and is really light and he definitely benefitted from it I just can't justify £18 for 1kg which means I'm spending around £1.50 a day on dog food!!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5