View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KristenOliver
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2017, 02:30 AM
There is a procedure to remove the remaining skin, they call it an ablasion, from what my trusted vet in Los Angeles told me it is very painful for the dog...

He also told me that older dogs (not puppies) with mature testicles will not always absorb the fluid and the skin will not always shrink. The ablasion wasn't an option for me because my Doberman is a carrier for a blood clotting disorder common to the breed. He recommended neutickes, and aside from some sideways looks from new vets (we temporarily have moved out of state) He has had no adverse effects and hadn't bothered them at all.

All that being said, I found a chihuahua running about a month ago. After multiple attempts, No sign of an owner. I had him neutered yesterday and was surprised they didn't offer the ablasion because they guessed he was 4-6 years old... He now has a pitiful sagging sack (sorry) and (gross for the ladies) it sticks to his leg and annoys him. Anyone have a small breed neutered at an older age? Did it go away? How long did it take If it did? Any advise would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2