Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Morewuffthan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
I have a dog that has shown, competed in agility and obedience and done a bit of schutzhund. We decided to concentrate on agility, but then entered her in a show this summer, after two years with no ringcraft. She hadn't forgotten a thing and won her class

My 15 week old pup will train for both showing and agility.
That's a great example of dogs having excellent memory. You sound like you have a lot of fun with yours.

Congratulations on having a new puppy I hope you have a lot of success as well as fun.
Morewuffthan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There is an old Chinese proverb:

The man who says is cannot be done, should not interrupt the person doing it.

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The same dog I titled in Working Trials was titled in Schutzhund tracking, won KC licensed Agility competitions, gained a Working Gundog Certificate, won in the breed ring at Championship level, was a PAT dog, and is currently pursuing blood tracking.
That's a talented dog and no doubt you have worked as hard as your dog. So has s/he got plans for World domination next or will your dog take an intermediate step of ruling a small island first? I like dogs having the opportunity to use the special characteristics of their breed

Having said that though I knew a chihuahua who thought he was a Gundog and I expect he'd have been good at it but for the fact that he was just too small to carry a rabbit.
Morewuffthan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
The way Mia looks at some books I am pretty sure she can read
I also think she can drive from the avid way she has watched my feet when I had her in the front of the car
Thank doG she dosent have opposable thumbs!
Yeah, I think dogs could do many more things if they had opposable thumbs but they would maybe just choose not to do some of them.

I had forgotten until you mentioned it but I used to read to one of mine and have her turn the page over.

I had one also who barely glanced at the tv but she glued herself to the screen when "One Man and his Dog" came on.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2