View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Can you buy Whites dog food in pet shops ?

Interested too know as Ollie is having problems with his left hind leg and I am after a good dog food too keep his weight down and something that contains Glucosamine he will also stay on his forever freedom.

I do not want too put him on any kind of steroid and if possible at this stage save his from stress at the vets.

It could also be linked to the lump he has on his left hand side although I am not sure as yet and would like to try this route first and rule the other possibility out.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Arden Grange Adult Lamb and Rice has glucosamine in it, you can get it for about £24 per 15kg from www.vetuk.co.uk. Also I've found adding Vetvits very good the link for those is here:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/pet_heal...and&kw=vetvits
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Arden Grange Adult Lamb and Rice has glucosamine in it, you can get it for about £24 per 15kg from www.vetuk.co.uk. Also I've found adding Vetvits very good the link for those is here:

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/pet_heal...and&kw=vetvits
Thanks for that link will take a look in a bit. Lamb doesn't really agree with him.

Off too look at Arden grange.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:46 PM
I was going to suggest Arden Grange too.

If you contact them, they can send you samples.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I was going to suggest Arden Grange too.

If you contact them, they can send you samples.
Just had a look at Arden Grange and the senior light which is what I am looking for as keeping weight off Ollie is a trial in itself does not have the Glucosamine in it.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Just had a look at Arden Grange and the senior light which is what I am looking for as keeping weight off Ollie is a trial in itself does not have the Glucosamine in it.
This is taken from Arden Grange's website about the Senior.

Joint Care – Arden Grange Senior contains boosted levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin in order to
help to protect the joints and prevent the deterioration that naturally occurs with age from worsening.
Glucosamine (derived from the shells of crustaceans) provides the building blocks to synthesise new joint
cartilage, whilst marine Chondroitin (derived from shark cartilage) helps to block destructive enzymes that
break down cartilage. Both are safe and natural ingredients, and any excess that is not required by the
body is simply excreted in the urine. The diet is an excellent source of Omega3
fatty acids EPA & DHA.
These nutrients produce compounds within the body that reduce inflammation, thereby helping to reduce
the swelling and pain associated with ageing joints. Once again, these nutrients are supplied from a natural
and safe source, fish oil, which is stabilised with rosemary and Vitamin E. The diet is also supplemented
with MSM (an ultra pure form of sulphur derived from pine bark). This has many benefits including antiinflammatory
properties and pain relief. It may also aid in reducing stress and improving mental alertness.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
This is taken from Arden Grange's website about the Senior.

Joint Care – Arden Grange Senior contains boosted levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin in order to
help to protect the joints and prevent the deterioration that naturally occurs with age from worsening.
Glucosamine (derived from the shells of crustaceans) provides the building blocks to synthesise new joint
cartilage, whilst marine Chondroitin (derived from shark cartilage) helps to block destructive enzymes that
break down cartilage. Both are safe and natural ingredients, and any excess that is not required by the
body is simply excreted in the urine. The diet is an excellent source of Omega3
fatty acids EPA & DHA.
These nutrients produce compounds within the body that reduce inflammation, thereby helping to reduce
the swelling and pain associated with ageing joints. Once again, these nutrients are supplied from a natural
and safe source, fish oil, which is stabilised with rosemary and Vitamin E. The diet is also supplemented
with MSM (an ultra pure form of sulphur derived from pine bark). This has many benefits including antiinflammatory
properties and pain relief. It may also aid in reducing stress and improving mental alertness.
Thanks for that will go back and have another look.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Whites is currently of offer a berriewood! They are doing two for the price of one so that makes it just over fifteen quid a bag! No bad eh!!

I have been an Arden Grange fan for many years, feeding a combination of Arden Grange and Nature Diet. My eldest dog however went off it about six month back so had to look for an alternative for him, I one that is basically unknown (will post link if anyone interested) and have to say my dog has never looked better!

My youngest dog is still on AG and doing well on it!
lol
DT
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Yes please post the link.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Sorry for the delay!
Thi is what I have put my eldest dog onto, I have noticed remarkable results.

http://shop.mymaddog.co.uk/15kg-prem...ubes-317-p.asp

I have been for many years fed Arden GRange/Nature diet . But I really am thrilled with this and considering changing my youngest onto it!

DT
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >