Female 

03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
So sorry to read about Ben.. Hope he is better soon. Gentle hugs to him

Sue
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh Just caught up with this thread...poor Ben. I hope he's feeling a bit more comfortable now
Keep us all posted
((((((((((((((((gentle hugs ))))))))))))))))

Elaine xxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Hope Ben is feeling better. xx
*hugs* to you all.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Lynne , I do hope Ben will be better soon .
When Amy was tiny she had something similar and her legs were totally paralysed . The vet thinks she jumped and landed awkwardly , she got better with rest...
I do hope Ben will be better soon. xx

Where dogs are concerned I always advise people to go with their instincts, if you the owner notice a sudden change in behaviour however slight, or feel there is something not quite right check it out with the vet, better to be wrong and have a vets bill than to miss something serious.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Ben has just been out the back and got down the steps with the aid of pillows and cushions paddingthem out so he didn't hurt himself further (thanks Helena54) he had a poo but his legs couldnt hold him and he hated having us trying to hold him or support him in anyway and just fell into his poo.

He hadnt had anything to drink all day or since lastnight so gave him a little milk(just a very little) with some water and he had some, I didn't give him loads but will keep trying him with little lots of that.

Its so stressful seeing him fall in his own poo. I know the medication will take time but I amnot exactly patient when it comes to my wee boy suffering, and I'd say there was absolutely no improvement at all since this morning.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Still thinking of you and Ben and sending some more hugs and kisses.xxxxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Just checking in , sending more hugs.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Poor boy, have you tried supporting him with a towel ? He might tolerate that
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh dear, I'm afraid I would be ringing that vet again Lynne, afterall, it's been 24 hours, and I'm sure they won't mind you ringing for a chat just to put your mind at rest or maybe take him back in? You'd never forgive yourself if he had a bad night and you hadn't rung that vet, so if I were you, what's a phone call, it will at the very least put your mind at rest that is is quite normal wouldn't it? Did you try that towel underneath his belly or not?

They might advise that you up the meds, or maybe pop in for some more and that might help him out??
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Have phoned vet again - she doesnt seem concerned.says it will take time and that he won't be in pain just unable to work his legs. I tried a scarf to support him buthe hated it and refused to move at all he just sat and wouldnt get up. So then tried catching him mid poo but that was unsuccesful, but at least his poo was normal.

I think I just have to keep an eye on him and keep phoning the vet when I get worried. Thank you everyone here for keeping me going xxx
Page 6 of 50 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »