Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoodwinked
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2011, 11:44 AM

Marymass show.. HELP! Newbie to showing

I have been hovering around this site for a year or two now and decided to join to see if I could get some much needed help. I have decided to enter this years marymass dog show, I know a few of you have been and I have also seen the entries a few years ago and it just seems like a fun show nothing serious but I was wondering what I need to know, e.g. when the judge inspects my dog I should hold her head etc (that is probably way off, I prefer to train them). I just thought I would make a thread just in case, I've still to sort out which classes.. My dog is a german shepherd collie cross at eleven years old and still full of beans. Here's some pics for you guys! Thanks in advance!

GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Lovely looking dog. The important thing is to see what the judge wants so watch the classes before yours & see what other shepherd collie people do. It depends very much on the type of class & the judge what they want. In veteran most judges like to examine the dog stood & then they'll ask you to move, maybe straight away & back maybe in a triangle while in classes like handsome dog about 75% of the ones I've been to just come round & look at them sat.