Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Hmmmmm...

This is difficult.... not in any order.. here goes...

Greyhounds of course! lots of them! Simply because of their goregous faces and fantastic relaxed laid back personailities.

Chi's (sorry my spelling is not good) because they are soo cute. I seem to have a thing for very tiny dogs and very large ones!

Newfoundland because my dads friend has one and they are such beautiful dogs. stunning.

Great dane because a friends dog pretty much cured my fear of dogs with his gentleness and patience.

Pug because the ones on here have well and truly stolen my heart!
pixytwinkle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2008, 06:55 PM
mine are:
(not in order)
staffordshire bull terrier
i own a staffy cross and he is brilliant, all the staffies i know are just lovely.
leonberger
had two come into the kennels where i work and they were so beautiful, loved everything about them.
german short haired pointer
probably wouldnt own one but they are just lovely, i LOVE there ears and their so much fun.
border terrier
one of my favourite terriers of all time
dogue de bordeux (no idea how to spell it)
if i was ever going to have a massive bulll breed it would be one of these. they are just so cute, and i loved the film turner and hooch lol.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I wonder if anyone would ever dare do a "worst breed" thread ;op
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
Cool thread!
My top five are:

2. Rottweiler - for their character, clownish ways, calm nature, looks and trainability.
You've obviously never met Marius lol He doesn't 'do' calm!! (at least not when he is on his meet & greet missions!!!)

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I wonder if anyone would ever dare do a "worst breed" thread ;op
It would be WWIII!!!!

Mine are:-

1. Rotties - love their intelligence & stunning looks, combined with that fantastic "personality plus" nature. They are so loyal and loving, to me the ultimate large dog breed.

2. GSD - was my number one breed until I went into Rotts. Won't have another as I've 'moved on' but they are always a breed that when I see a good one, takes my breath away. Wonderful trainability and loyalty second to none.

3. Staffie - wonderful nature, gorgeous looking dogs. I think their personality would fit well with our household. Very much misunderstood which is a huge pity. Could definitely see myself owning one in the future.

JOINT 4 French Bulldogs - the clown of the dog-world and as I am a born clown myself would suit each other wonderfully!! I love the way they look too, sort of ugly-cute I guess to some, but I adore their looks Big-dog in a little package

4. Boston Terrier - similar to above, you get a lot of dog in a little package. Love their looks and they seem to have a very personable nature.
Only thing that puts me off these and Frenchies are the cost of them, so expensive!

5. Pugs - just adore everything about them!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Mine would be;

Lurcher,

Greyhound,

Borzois,

Whippet,

And just so you don't think I am totally biased towards the hounds a Bearded Collie
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's mine

1. Rottie - had them 28 years no going back now !!!

2. ACD/ Blue Heeler - Totally addictive I like smart dogs hence the first 2 choices.

3. Bull Mastiff - Will have one someday

4. Swedish Vallhund - Loyal and full of character

5. Clumber Spaniel - Living near Clumber park how could I miss them out
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2008, 08:10 PM
1 . Boxers ( I am smitten now )
2 . Bullmastiff (If my otherhalf would just give in )
3 . French bulldog( for when i get older i think)
4 . English mastiff( If only i had the room)
5 . Boston terrier(The one i have met was like a mini boxer)

.. I think there is a flat nose trend there lol ... Murf
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Weims - Because they are my soulmates as a breed, I am slightly insane and if I were a breed of dog i'd be a weim, they are just like me in temp except more athletic and slender in looks, I wish!

Rotties - Because they are wonderful happy dogs, very clever and easy to train and so very funny, always have you laughing at something.

Boxers - Rather like a cross between a weim and a rottie in temperament (and looks!) when you think about it! A halfway house between the two!

GSP or HV, I could never decide between the two, very similar breeds and very like weims only a little more sedate, so I am cheating and putting 2 dogs here.

Others I love but would probably never own are Dobes, Mals, Huskies, Frenchies, Bostons, and I love staffies. maybe one day I will live in a mansion with acres of land and can have them all?
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Labrador - sweet natured, energetic.

Boxer - owned one before, so soppy, loveable and funny.

Westie - owned one before, couldn't ask for a better dog, so lovely and a little lady.

Jack Russell - own one now, have no time for anything else at the moment, he is our world. He is hilarious.

Staffordshire Bull Terrier - always wanted one, lovely dogs, not scared of nuffink.

There are more...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Well I have loads, but these are the ones I want in my future....

English Setters... Could not imagine life without my mad hairies
Gordon Setters... hopefully may add to my setter gang with one of these next year
Flat Coat retriever.. beautiful dogs and I love Cosmo
Clumber Spaniel... cos I love Jago!!
Basset Hound... have wanted one for so long now, I have her name sorted too
English Springer Spaniel.. yes I know thats 6, but it would be sooooo much fun with my setter gang!! Please can I have Woody, Pidge
Page 4 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »