View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 08:56 PM
No to the bed, but yes they sleep in my room, the boys with me and the Duchess with my mum I like it cos I have a thing for scary films and feel so comforted that my big bad setter boys are there to protect me (yeah right!!! be more protected by Isabelle my bunny )
marygiles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:03 PM
The first four of my little rescues either slept in the kitchen or in any of the beds dotted about the bungalow .Three were old and could not manage to jump up on the bed and my Pug prefers her crate .Then we got our very agile Poodle-----the first night she slept on the floor beside our bed ------the second night she jumped up and has continued to do so ever since. I really do not mind at all. Mary
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:06 PM
No we don't let Amber sleep in or on the bed, mainly because she is to big, she did get on the bed when she was younger if she thought she could get away with it which she didn't. Now she sleeps by me, but on the floor in her own bed.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:09 PM
No problem with it at all. Nova slept on my bed all of her life and since she has passed on Skylar has taken over, she never made any attempt to get on my bed whilst Nova was there, not that Nova would have minded, she was quite happy to share. Teddy has always slept under my bed but suddenly, once again since Nova has gone, he has started to get on my bed. So my answer is 'absolutely YES'!!!!

They make great bed warmers in the cold weather too!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:13 PM
The Shorthairs tend to lumber on in search of body heat on cold nights. Not a problem. I had years of being married so I`m used to a smelly farting snoring hairy thing in the bed.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
The Shorthairs tend to lumber on in search of body heat on cold nights. Not a problem. I had years of being married so I`m used to a smelly farting snoring hairy thing in the bed.
I miss having a smelly farting snoring hairy thing in my room too - Yes you're right, I had a Shorthair too!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:20 PM
yes an no.... my lot have the run of the house at night... as I normaly watch tv when I go to bed at night... I tend to find {mostly holly pops up beside me for a wee while.. but when I go to sleep. No dogs on the bed...like YS.. my OH.. is a big lad.. even though we have a massive bed.. there just wouldnt be the room.. the males dont really want to be up there for long... Holly would happily live there if I let her..

BUT.. the moment dougie gets up in the morning for work.. tegan and holly dive up on his side.. holly at the top Tegan at the bottom... so from about 6.30am untill I get up I have the girls up there with me.. and sometimes the cat..

when Im sleeping... vinnie is on the floor at my side of the bed... then holly is normaly at the end on the floor.. Tegan is at dougies side of the bed.. Kaos is either at the bedroom door on the landing or downstaris upside down on the sofa.... either way its like an SAS assualt corse getting to the loo in the middle of the night... its like a sea of black and tan bodies...lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
I miss having a smelly farting snoring hairy thing in my room too - Yes you're right, I had a Shorthair too!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Yes i have a lovely bedwarmer in our house too. better than any hot water bottle.

Usually he sleeps on our bed during the day/ evening so when i go to bed, i have to move him off ( as usually in my space) he will go and sulk in the spare room ( on the bed) for most of the night, then about 5ish he will come through and get on the end of the bed. if its colder he comes through earlier.

I then get Luca ( our toddler) coming through about the same time and getting in between me and hubby, so i end up sleeping in contortions between staffy and toddler and hubby - good job we have a superking really !!

have to say I dont like him on Luca's bed so if he sneaks in there he gets told to move pronto. but thats my only rule really !!

my take on it is :
my dog is my pet and therefore i like that our house is his house, he is well behaved , not aggressive or demanding and enjoys his comforts. Our house is our home and I allow him to enjoy it.

If he didnt come up for cuddles i would be upset !!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 10:05 PM
No,i don't have dogs sleeping in bed with me in general because there isn't enough room and i sleep far better without dogs in the bed. When my mum's dog stays, and OH is a away, Dewi sleeps on the bed, but have never done it with Tonks.

I wouldn't be concerned about them biting me in the middle of a dream, i think that would be quite an unusual occurance in a normal well rounded dog.

My friend has always slept with her whippets on and in the bed.... i look after them often and they come into bed with me. I have even woken up with whippet down the end of my sleeping bag thrashing around to get out because she has got too hot!
Page 4 of 45 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »