Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:16 PM

Dog sleeping in the Bed? Yes? or No?

Dog sleeping in the Bed? Yes? or No?

what are your views on Dogs sleeping in the bed with you?

i thought at first it was OK, i had roggie in bed with me a couple of times only! Then he went into his playpen and life was easier & he preferred it!

i was watching TV the other day & this lady had a dog for years never hurt anyone, he was asleep in bed with her and they said he must have had a bad dream as dogs dream the same way as us, he woke up and literally bit off her nose biting her face

when the dog realized it was his owner he run off, the dog was put to sleep after. she has had to have lots of plastic surgery as well.

after seeing that i would never ever had a dog in the bed with me, they are right they are animals at the end of the day. from now on my dogs will always sleep downstairs in their own place, and never near or in my bed!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:24 PM
It's a "no" from me. Having six, the bed would get a little overcrowded! However, I do let them come up for the occasional morning cuddle at a weekend, if I know I am changing the bedclothes that day. Can't stand dog hair in the bed - washing and tumble drying the bedclothes gets rid of any stray hairs. Having said that, if I only had one dog, I'd probably let it sleep with me, as I wouldn't like him/her to feel lonesome - soft touch me!!!!lol
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:32 PM
My dogs are way too big to sleep on the bed!

Since they generally sleep lying flat out, they can take up the whole of our kingsize bed without trying.

They will, as has been said above, come for a cuddle (when I am changing the bedsheets!!) and we snuggle on the sofa with them, but not on the bed as a regular occurence.

Plus, both of mine have some sort of Lassie-mentality... if we fall asleep, they will lick and paw us until we wake up, which is fine if we were stuck down a well etc and they were keeping us conscious, but not when you're trying to get some much needed sleep!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes from me, our room gets cold at night and my little and not so little furry hot water bottles are brilliant
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:36 PM
There's nothng nicer than having a little whippet in bed beside you so it's a yes from me
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:53 PM
It's a no here I'm afraid. Firstly with patrick being on the large side...the bed would be far to cramped, him, me and three dogs. Plus sorry but the fur in the bed....nope.

I have no objection to them lying on the floor, but to be honest they have thier own big bed in the kitchen.
becks1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I did have Sadie in to sleep with me when my partner and i split up but now her snoring and fidgeting is terrible!!! ha ha ha ha she had to go back to her bed!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 04:02 PM
No they are too furry and snore - I do let one of my rats snooze on my OH's pillow though
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-10-2008, 04:02 PM
A great big no from me. Never have and never will, although if they have been ill or recovering from an operation I will sleep downstairs with them. They just never go upstairs and that's the way it's going to stay. They have their own bedroom in the utility room it's fully tiled and full of big thick doggy duvets and the amount of hair I sweep up when I change their beds is horrendous, I really don't fancy that in my bedroom and also Diesel snores very loudly.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 04:03 PM
No, but only because I have too many and they are too big and I can't have one without the others!

They do sleep on my bed on occasion if they are ill or something, like children. When Maddy ate poison for instance she stayed on my bed for about 2 weeks, I wanted her close to me so I knew she was ok.

When I get a new pup I always let them have a couple of weeks in my bed with me before settling them in the kitchen where they will then continue to sleep. Not everyones way I know but I like them to feel settled in their new home and have company, it helps the bond between us too I think. It's just how I like to do it personally when getting a new pup. Maybe I am a soft touch I don't care but I have brilliant relationships with all my lot and it has never caused a problem so far.

Charlie and Bear came when they were older pups and I slept downstairs with them for about 2 weeks as Charlie was not house trained and made a lot of fully grown adult dog mess in the early days and Bear was just too enormous really, I like to spread out haha.
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »