Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Haven't watched it as only poping on but didn't the boxer have a fit a month or something? It was in Dogs Today???
Yes Ailsa you are correct one a month
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Having had dogs with hereditory problems mostly rescues abandoned due to the health problems I know who I choose to believe.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I believe the telegragh was a good read today .. an interview with Margaret Carter the lady who spoke out ..

told her story and good luck to her
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-10-2008, 08:58 PM
"it'd be worth watching a reasonably unbiased view detailing real facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPsECODIBs[/QUOTE]

I heard him say

"I have a friend that... "

= a fact?

Don't think so

Other thing he said
"show dogs aren't falling apart"

Didn't he see the winner GSD at crufts?

Nice facts
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2009, 02:38 AM
I just watched the show.. It's disgusting.
I am horrified by the breeders and their so-called denial. And those poor Ridgebacks, how can they possibly defend putting a healthy dog to sleep? It's sick and wrong.

I am mortified by the way the dogs have changed over the years & the deformaties that have occured.
My George is a CKC but his breeder is a wonderful woman who has all of her dogs checked & she only breeds with dogs that are healthy.
She is also against the incest-type breeding that goes on. She seems to be more knowledgable than most of the other breeders.
(I just wanted to say that clearly, I am aware of the good breeders out there - especially as I know one of them, I just hope that they can help save the breeds from destruction)

Ugh, I am sickened by all of this. I just want to cry for the poor animals.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 08:37 AM
I will admit I haven't read every post on this thread but just want to say that no everything in the pedigree dog world is not perfect and improvements could and should be made but the hysteria caused by this programme is rediculous.Because some breeds have health problems(most of which are being dealt with by RESPONSIBLE breeders) it doesn't mean the whole world of pedigree dogs is corrupt!
Some people are criminals...it doesn't mean the whole of the human race should be behind bars!
dardar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I will admit I haven't read every post on this thread but just want to say that no everything in the pedigree dog world is not perfect and improvements could and should be made but the hysteria caused by this programme is rediculous.Because some breeds have health problems(most of which are being dealt with by RESPONSIBLE breeders) it doesn't mean the whole world of pedigree dogs is corrupt!
Some people are criminals...it doesn't mean the whole of the human race should be behind bars!
"because some breeds have health problems" how long has the bulldog had problems? not just today or yesterday. people have let it go on to long. the truth hurts.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
OK Bulldogs have had issues for some time, if the public are so outraged by the health issues in these types of breeds WHY do the public want to buy them?and willing to pay top prices to boot? its obvious to anyone that these dogs have breathing issues you dont have to be a vet to see this, and yet rather than making a stand and saying no I'm not going to buy this breed until changes are made its unhealthy they buy them anyway, its OK for people to stand on a high moral ground, yes there are some breeders that are breeding dogs with health issues non of us are disputing this, but the majority of breeders who actually love their breed and try to improve when breeding. these obviously dont get the same publicity because they are not BIG news. in one way I am over the moon that this programme came out because it did highlight health issues and made people more aware, BUT it did not highlight the good breeders who are striving for breeding healthy dogs, and of course the general public will always tar all breeders with the same brush, because it has to be true it was on telly.

Mo
Page 65 of 65 « First < 15 55 62 63 64 65