Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I completely agree that people should clear up in 'public places' eg frequented footpaths, but oh how I hate to see plastic bags of dog poo in the fields/streams and hanging from trees who do people think will collect these bags which are also a hazard to livestock .

If I am picking my way through a minefield of cow pats is a small dog poo going to make any difference. I have used the 'boot method' also large leaves or grass to move the offending object into a bush which is far more environmentally friendly than a plastic bag.
Totally agree, I'll pick up if it's somewhere public, paths etc.. but deep in the woods... I leave it for the forrest fairy
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Besides, Horse manure IS self decomposing, UNLIKE dog POO, and has NO harmful enzymes in it.
What about bull manure??

Snorri
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
What about bull manure??

Snorri
Not sure of the relevance, as I can't see many children going to play in a field with a Bull or sheep or cows

Isn't it funny how when people find no other excuse to come up with, they either ignore you completely or begin insulting
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Happens all the time, up here - the next door farmer's grandson is often out playing with the sheep and lambs, which alternate occupancy of the field with several cows and a Charolais bull!

Snorri
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I see the point regarding walking in fields where sheep etc have pooped everywhere but I always thought that, as Malady has mentioned, because dogs are carnivores the bacteria contained in their poo could make someone very ill if they came into contact with it, unlike sheep and horses etc which are herbivores and do not have the same bacteria in their guts as dogs do.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Happens all the time, up here - the next door farmer's grandson is often out playing with the sheep and lambs, which alternate occupancy of the field with several cows and a Charolais bull!

Snorri
Then I would suggest you tell your NDN to lobby Parliament on banning sheep and bull sh1t :smt001

Until then the debate still stands on the removal of Dog Poo, which is LAW :smt001
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I think you should pick up where ever you are, whether you are in the street, park or a remote area.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Are you saying that you leave your dogs poo in public or in the street ???
Maybe it's just me, but given Snorri's circumstances, I find your insinuative question, and angry face smiley a little disrespectful and unsympathetic to be honest. Please keep that in check.

Besides, Horse manure IS self decomposing, UNLIKE dog POO, and has NO harmful enzymes in it.
Again, why the rolling of eyes? You're not going to make many friends with that kind of attitude, and even if that's not your intention, please be courteous to your fellow posters.

Isn't it funny how when people find no other excuse to come up with, they either ignore you completely or begin insulting
That's a little rich coming from you given what I've just highlighted above to be honest : - /
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Azz I haven't insulted anyone or ignored anyone, so no it isn't rich coming from me ! I made a statement about people's attitudes when they can no longer think of an excuse to come up with.

The thought of people leaving poo in the street for my children to be in contact with does make me angry, as millions of other parents and coincidentally the government too. So yes I expressed my anger, the same as I would express my anger to people leaving hypodermic needles in the street too.

The rolling eyes are because the difference in dog poo and cattle poo has been mentioned several times, and ignored so it's frustrating when people are being ignorant of the law and basic consideration for the general public, whom it can be harmful to.

The Poster had no consideration that his dogs' poo could be harmful to mine or others' children, why therefore should I be considerate of their circumstances, regardless of what they are ? Are you saying that the Law on poo picking should only apply to those who are willing to try and reach ???
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 06:44 PM
The Poster had no consideration that his dogs' poo could be harmful to mine or others' children, why therefore should I be considerate of their circumstances, regardless of what they are ? Are you saying that the Law on poo picking should only apply to those who are willing to try and reach ???

I think that this remark was a bit below the belt in my opinion, Malady I suspect that you are quiet able bodied, there are some people on here that are not, me included. I would like you to try something if you can. imaginge you had lost your legs, yes you have false ones but you have no ankle and you can't stand on your tip toes, therefore walking on uneven ground is very painful if not impossible. then try and bend down without bending your knee (remeber you not a any ankle to bend) while keeping hold of two walking sticks, a poop scoop and a bag, at the same time trying to keep your balance which is hard if there is any wind up (it throughs you straight off you feet, even the slightest breeze). could you do that?

Ian
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »