Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

Are you saying that you leave your dogs poo in public or in the street ???
Nope - I just don't take them out any more.

Snorri

PS - do you know of a website where I can get an extending scoop? They are not "available technology" round here! If you know one, please PM it - thanks!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
So where do they Poo ???

PS - do you know of a website where I can get an extending scoop? They are not "available technology" round here! If you know one, please PM it - thanks!
I don't know personally, but the next time I see either of the ladies at a show I will ask where they got theirs from and PM you
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I agree with Snorri, I could't pick it up, and yes there are people in wheelchairs that can pick it up, simply because they are closer to the ground it will be pretty easy to do it.

What I don't like about the council's is that they bring in all these rules, but do not suggest or supply an area where you CAN take your dogs. Around here where I live, you have to have a car to take you dog to any descent free country side, you get chased out of the farmers fields, you can't walk in the playing fields, there is no spare land as they are building houses everywhere.

I know a few people where I live who do allow the dogs to do it on pavements which is wrong! however on grass it decompses, it is also a fertilizer - have you seen how the grass grows longer where a dog has poo'ed?

Also the risk of infection - I will be honest and say that I have never personally heard of anyone picking up anything from grassed area from dogs. If we need to be that carefull we should ban birds, rats, mice etc from our grass land.

And one thing that gets me around here is horses walking on public footpaths, and depositing on them. Twice I have been forced to reverse my scooter for about a quarter of a mile becuase of this happening. Where's the council then?

Ian
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Were you meaning my comment about cattle and horses eating dog poop `tainted` grass Azz ?
Of course yep, the horses and cattle are eating grass tainted by their own droppings but at least they are grass based droppings not dog food droppings - horses and cattle are not carnivores ya know and they might not like the taste on their grass
I never said my thinking on it was`nt a tad OTT or eccentric :smt101 :smt048
Heck I would`nt be `me` if I had `normal` thoughts on it now would I eh ?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I agree with Snorri, I could't pick it up ?

Why Not ?

What I don't like about the council's is that they bring in all these rules, but do not suggest or supply an area where you CAN take your dogs. Around here where I live, you have to have a car to take you dog to any descent free country side, you get chased out of the farmers fields, you can't walk in the playing fields, there is no spare land as they are building houses everywhere.

Irrelevant to Poo

I know a few people where I live who do allow the dogs to do it on pavements which is wrong! however on grass it decompses, it is also a fertilizer - have you seen how the grass grows longer where a dog has poo'ed?

Absolute Rubbish. Dog Faeces is NOT fertilization material, it contains harmful enzymes.
Plus what about children playing on grass or taking a nice stroll on the grass, NO-ONE wants to encounter dog SH1T

Also the risk of infection - I will be honest and say that I have never personally heard of anyone picking up anything from grassed area from dogs. If we need to be that carefull we should ban birds, rats, mice etc from our grass land.

Oh, please what Tosh. The infection comes from Dog Poo. Rodents don't poo out on the open grass in parks etc, do some research.

And one thing that gets me around here is horses walking on public footpaths, and depositing on them. Twice I have been forced to reverse my scooter for about a quarter of a mile becuase of this happening. Where's the council then?

Horses were here on this planet and a form of transport way before cars and scooters. Their Poo IS fertilization Material, which is why in many areas, it is SOLD to local Nurseries etc
You had to revers for a QUARTER OF A MILE How big was this horse Poo ????
Are you saying you NEVER pick up your dogs Poo ?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Snorri

Theres one here I could`nt get it to link directly to its page but just type poop scoop in the search box there and its on the list with an image [ its called the Happy Pet Long Handle Scoop ]

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/ero...arch%26meta%3D

And another here, different design, half the price, and looks pretty nifty

http://www.scoopstick.com/?gclid=CPX...FQSDEAod4CoV2w
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:22 PM
So where do they Poo ???
In the garden. What I meant is that they don't get out for walks now.

I don't know personally, but the next time I see either of the ladies at a show I will ask where they got theirs from and PM you
That would be appreciated!

Snorri
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't pick up poo, why not?

I don't know if you have read about what I have gone through, but i am in the same predicament to Snorri, I haven't got any legs! It is very very awkward if not impossible to bend dow to pick something up unless you have some substantial to either lean again or keep hold off.

To answer Malady's post.

The Council - It used to be ok to go where there was unkept grass, you need not pick it up in these area's, then the council came along and cleaned up all these areas, I wonder why, as some of these areas had been waste land for 10 - 15 years before this law came in. IMO Britain is becoming a anti dog country in a way.

Rodents don't poo on grass - Rat's pee all the time they are walking, and rats CAN carry far more nastier diseases than a dog one example is buboinic plague.

Horses - yes I total agree it is good manue, but when it is on the main footpath and you cannot get off that footpath it does have a tendency to make me angry, they should not do it there or if they do, the rider should clean it up, like us dog owner supposed to do.

Ian
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I don't pick up poo, why not?

I don't know if you have read about what I have gone through, but i am in the same predicament to Snorri, I haven't got any legs! It is very very awkward if not impossible to bend dow to pick something up unless you have some substantial to either lean again or keep hold off.

So, for fear of sounding thick......how do you take your dogs for a walk, so they can Poo ?

The Council - It used to be ok to go where there was unkept grass, you need not pick it up in these area's, then the council came along and cleaned up all these areas, I wonder why, as some of these areas had been waste land for 10 - 15 years before this law came in. IMO Britain is becoming a anti dog country in a way.

It's to protect many, including CHILDREN from catching anything nasty.

Rodents don't poo on grass - Rat's pee all the time they are walking, and rats CAN carry far more nastier diseases than a dog one example is buboinic plague.

But Rats don't openly poo in parks, where people walk, and children play. Unless you've studied the habits of Rats, how do you know ??? Rats cannot be controlled, dogs can.

DOG FAECES is extremely harmful and can cause blindness to a child. Would you seriously want to be responsible for that ??

Horses - yes I total agree it is good manue, but when it is on the main footpath and you cannot get off that footpath it does have a tendency to make me angry, they should not do it there or if they do, the rider should clean it up, like us dog owner supposed to do.

But You DON'T clean it up so you're hardly in a position to be preaching to Riders now are you ?
Besides, Horse manure IS self decomposing, UNLIKE dog POO, and has NO harmful enzymes in it.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Patch - bookmarked them both. At the moment, Border Collies and wheelchairs are untested technology, as they don't seem to like it very much. They used to be able to pull me over when I had real legs - I'm not keen yet to find out what they can do with my false ones. The main reason they don't get out and about, nowadays

Snorri
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »