View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2007, 08:34 AM
My dogs - My responsibility, and it really hacks me off that others don't pick up and we are forever steping over it. Forest walks can become a bit of an obstacle course at times with poo just left everywhere.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Dog poo should be picked up where ever, no matter what.

They is no excuse unless it comes out really runny.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I pick up about 90% of Max's poo...

Sometimes he poo's in rock pools on the beach, and there is no way I'm reaching into a 2ft deep pool of water to pick up Boxer poo!

The other times are when/if his poo is runny (often excited poo). I do my best to scrape it, but it's not baggable, so I carry a bottle of water to wash the worst of it away.

Near us there are loads of footpaths but no poo bins (the council doesn't think the area needs them) and consequently, there is often (after a sunny weekend especially) lots of poo, or poo bags left on the side of the footpaths. Yuk!

If you get a dog, you should be prepared to clean up poo!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with the majority, I pick up even if it's somewhere really remote where I've never seen anyone. Max often tends to poo in the same place so if I just left it either he or I would be bound to tread in it when we next walked there. I tend to have a big over shoulder bag with leads, water, poo bags, first aid kit in etc & it has a clip so I just attach the poo bag to that once I've picked up and carry on with our walk.

I think there should be more poo bins in rural areas. Often when we gets back to the car we have to drive a few miles till the nearest bin and that's not very nice.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
the park where i go every morning (perhaps you've seen the pics i posted at the weekend) has a small turnstile you go through to get in. some dirty #@?&~#%!*# has let their dog dump right at the gate. if i knew who it was, i'd lift it and throw it at their door "clean it up you pigs"
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
mostly yes....but the woods? nah...just kick it into a bush or bury it with yer boot.

fields beach paths etc....absolutely
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Whenever I take Jack out I pick it up, wherever he poos, I know Christopher does as well, he often comes home moaning about how awkward it was to pick it up, (we have some great conversations ), but I believe that although adults tend to stick to paths, young children don't, they're the ones who go where only dogs fear to tread, and from experiance young children are a magnet to dogs poo
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Mine is the sort of the same as Brundog. Blondi absolutely hates doing her business in view and will run off into a field to do it. The truth is I've never known her to do it on a pavement, road, or anywhere where she can't get complete privacy. Unless she's in the garden but even then she picks as much of a private spot as she can.

Add to that, the fact that I have her timings pretty much sorted now, and it's just not really an issue. But when she does, she will always do it on the middle of a field which is the first field we get to once we've done pounding the pavements. And these are long grassed fields that aren't even used for farming.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 11:38 AM
if its in the middle of long grass and i have to hunt for it, (which i do) then 9 times out of 10 no. but any where else i do. i hate seeing dog mess . we have a huge park to walk our dogs, 2 bins to clear it up in as well. and some ppl just dont bother. winds me up big time.ive got back probs but i still manange to clear up.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
if its in the middle of long grass and i have to hunt for it, (which i do) then 9 times out of 10 no. but any where else i do. i hate seeing dog mess . we have a huge park to walk our dogs, 2 bins to clear it up in as well. and some ppl just dont bother. winds me up big time.ive got back probs but i still manange to clear up.
that's what annoys me, all councils impose on-the-spot fines, if they're not paid, issue an ASBO on the offenders, they're giving all dog owners a bad name.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »