Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 07:47 AM

on gmtv this morning puggets

they have got 2 idiots on gmtv this morning that have bred a new dog the in thing for xmas they said grrr a PUGGET. this is a cross between a beagle and a pug , the men called it the ideal low maintenance apartment pet ,seeminly they do not cast yeh right, and the smaller they are the more expensive prices of 700-1000 was quoted , I wish they would not do this not a lot of people are now going to want one ,the low maintanance bit got me how blooming irrisponsible is that grrrr oh! thats made me so cross :
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2005, 07:55 AM
yes i have seen a few of these, they are often also called Puggles, a lady in our vets the other day had one, a sweet little thing, not very pretty but sweet. I dread to imagine the sor of problems the dog would have with....well that sort of cross breeding
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 09:09 AM
I have read and now this morning seen on TV that the new must have dog is a puggle (Pug/Beagle cross)
I for one dont think its a good idea to treat a living creature as a fashion item ,I dont have a problem with cross breeds ,but to breed for a trend cant be good what happens when there is a new dog as the "in" fashion? will these puggles end up on the scrap heap like out of date shoes?
What do others think about these dogs ?
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I have e-mailed GMTV this morning to express my opinion on deliberate cross breeding, so far had no reply.

I seem to be making a habit of lecturing celebs on this subject, as it's the third time in less than a week. I e-mailed Dermot O'Leary, and Paul O'Grady too in the last few days. Don't these people realise the power they have to get the right message across. Instead they prefer to promote deliberate cross breeding and create a market for 'designer dogs'. The only winner is the puppy farmer.

Dawn R.
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 12:23 PM
The in fashion dog just now are teacup chihuahuas & Iv seen a wanted ad in the adtrader for a teacup yorkshire terrier?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Poor thing looked deformed, could have been a bad photo but its head was very large for the neck to carry, as Fern said "we used to call them mongrels, who would pay over £350 for that?"

It is always the case with cross breeds you never know what will be ‘gifted’ to the offspring, some will be good and some will be a disaster which is why a good deal of culling went on in the past when ‘new breeds’ were being evolved.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 12:40 PM
i saw it this morning.

i think the dog was very cute but it upset me the way they talked about it as a fashion thing, the new in thing, that's awful being breed for that reason, it shouldnt be allowed.

i do think the dogs are cute tho.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Dawn u r so right!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Pugget?...that is what I used to call our old peugeot car...lol

Obviously I can't literally stand opposed to the crossing of dogs to form a new breed *ahem*! (so long as there is a point)

But where I see the point in the 'breed' I have...these I do not. (Although I have to say I have not seen them myself)

I feel sorry for any type of dog be it pure breed or not that is considered to be for people who don't have the time to give to the 'maintenance' of owning a dog...If you don't want all the grooming, exercise and anything else that goes into dog ownership then buy a hamster, but then the hamster would actually need cleaning out!...I know....Don't have a pet at all!!! Hows that for an idea!!??
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 01:08 PM
JMHO forget cute think health
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >