Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Dog Friendly Beaches

Hi All,

My friend and I are taking her dogs to the beach as for one of them it will most likely be the last chance he gets. For another, we think he may have the start of CDRM (white, male GSD, about 7 years old).

We have decided to go next Saturday (8th September) but we haven't decided where.

We live in Birmingham (near the airport) and will be driving.

So does anyone have any clue as to the most dog friendly beaches within 2-3 hours of Birmingham. I've thought along the lines of North Wales, maybe near to Weston, Lincolnshire way or near to (or in the direction of) Blackpool.

I will most likely be doing all of the driving so the closer it is the better but a 2 1/2 hour drive or so is no problem.

It would also be handy if we could park relatively close the beach (the older dog is 14 years old and wouldn't be able to walk too far) and also for basic convenience.

We're still debating whether my friend will take the older dog with her daughter (may do this on Monday) and she and I then take the other 2 much younger dogs on the 8th.

Anyway, I need ideas please for dog friendly beaches with easy access by car within a few hours of Birmingham.

Thanx.

Laura xx
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2012, 04:31 PM
My geography isn't very good, but could you get to Formby?
Doggy paradise!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Also, though might take a bit longer than 2 and a half hours, there is a fabulous place in mid-Wales called Ynyslas Nature reserve. It's many years since I've been there so can't say with certainty that dogs are still allowed, but I used to have wonderful holidays with the dogs near there.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Formby is about 11/2 hours from Birmingham and it is definatly dog friendly. It is run by the national trust and they also have a red squirrel walk. It costs I think 3.75 to park but that goes to conservation and it means you can get closer to the beach if need be.
You can aprk further way for free and just walk in