Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Ellard View Post
Not Perthshire I know! but good value for money and very dog friendly. We use them when we go to a dog trial at Balmoral and we take over all 6 so there are a lot of dogs and we are given a warm welcome

http://www.invercauldlodges.co.uk/index.html
Thanks for the link Ellard. We were considering the Balmoral area originally, but have since decided on Perthshire. Nice to know there are still some really dog friendly places out there - (six dogs!)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
I dont know of any in the uk but my one in france is dog friendly In mine the garden is totally enclosed and quite large, dogs of any size are alowed (one christmas I had a St Bernard, a Pyrenean mountain dog and another huge dog all in the cottage at the same time) Dogs are alowed in any part of the house, poo bags are provided for clearing up. I also advise my doggy clients of good places to walk, if my feild next to the house hasnt got calfs in then people can give thier dogs a good run there. I really like having dog people in, usually they clean up really well and leave the cottage spotless. I have only ever had one problem with a couple with one dog and they left early before I got there (this was in the days I didnt take a deposit) and the cottage looked like my 8 dogs had been living there for a month with no cleaning done Some people with dog friendly dogs have been here to the farm and the dogs can have a good romp with mine.
http://www.swissnormandygite.com/ I think if I was looking for a cottage that took dogs I would look for one that had a page on its site dedicated to bringing your animals like mine does
When I get Yogi a pet passport I will definitely be coming to yours! Looks and sounds fab! Definitely dog friendly
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Renting an entire cottage I would expect my dog to be allowed to go anywhere and for there to be a secure area to let them out in. A rented property should be cleaned throughout before the next people anyway, and of course you should pay for any damage caused.

We've been to one dog friendly flat, only probs were that it was up alot of stairs and the garden was not 'secure' enough.

We went to a dog friendly hotel once where we weren't allowed to leave him in the room (even in his cage) but also weren't allowed to take him in any dining areas, so how were we supposed to get breakfast? Luckily we were the only guests that morning so they let him sit under the table in the end. I mean I understand some guests might not like it but there should be an area where people could eat with their dogs, or at least somewhere you were allowed to leave them while you ate.

Also been camping with him. No where to leave him so he came everywhere with me, including the shower!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Take a look at Dogpeople Kirsty, coz when I joined them with my website I had to fill in a very long questionnaire stating what I provided for the dogs, and the more you provide, the higher they rate us.

I consider dog friendly to be what I provide for our holiday dogs, and many of my guests have said I think more about the dogs than the actual owners (but they don't mind that lol!).

My restrictions are: only 2 dogs allowed at any one time. Not to be left home alone, but there's a reason for that, it's a static caravan and with the doors and windows shut it can end up as hot as a car inside Dogs are not allowed to yap, yap, yap all day and evening upsetting all my neighbours. Poo picked up in the garden.

What I provide for them is:
Dog bowls of all descriptions
ID tags stating they are on holiday/phone no's/vet number
Dog treats in assorted tins on the shelf
Spare dog food in the cupboards
Poo bags
Loads of clean throws for furniture and beds
Slip leads hanging up
Outside water bowl/tap/hose/paddling pool
Fully fenced secure garden area
and I DON'T CHARGE for the dogs, just the owners!

Well worth looking at Dogpeople for the area you want!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3