View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ellard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Not Perthshire I know! but good value for money and very dog friendly. We use them when we go to a dog trial at Balmoral and we take over all 6 so there are a lot of dogs and we are given a warm welcome

http://www.invercauldlodges.co.uk/index.html
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I dont know of any in the uk but my one in france is dog friendly In mine the garden is totally enclosed and quite large, dogs of any size are alowed (one christmas I had a St Bernard, a Pyrenean mountain dog and another huge dog all in the cottage at the same time) Dogs are alowed in any part of the house, poo bags are provided for clearing up. I also advise my doggy clients of good places to walk, if my feild next to the house hasnt got calfs in then people can give thier dogs a good run there. I really like having dog people in, usually they clean up really well and leave the cottage spotless. I have only ever had one problem with a couple with one dog and they left early before I got there (this was in the days I didnt take a deposit) and the cottage looked like my 8 dogs had been living there for a month with no cleaning done Some people with dog friendly dogs have been here to the farm and the dogs can have a good romp with mine.
http://www.swissnormandygite.com/ I think if I was looking for a cottage that took dogs I would look for one that had a page on its site dedicated to bringing your animals like mine does
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
The cottage we've just holidayed in welcomed 3 dogs (no limit on size, no questions asked about them at all) at no extra cost, had a secure garden, they were allowed in every room but not on the furniture, dog poo bags and a drinking bowl were provided too.

That would probably about be all i'd require from a dog friendly place.

Got no recommendations for Perthshire though i'm afraid!
Sounds like a good place Leanne. If I were going to Wales I would definitely be looking it up!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Have a look at wigwams if you aren't fussy. They are sort of between camping and self catering. Very comfy.

rune
I don't think I am particularly fussy ... but I am guessing a wigwam would be on a site with lots of other wigwams and I like my own space too much. Thanks for the idea though.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
we found this very difficult too, particularly as we were looking for pet and child friendly and could appear to find one or the other but not both !!

I dont understand the whole no dogs in the bedrooms etc, particularly as the last one we stayed at was wooden floors throughout so it made little difference to that, and the bed linen all gets washed etc.

I kinda think that if you are allowing dogs, then you should allow them full stop, and not make loads of restrictions.

We definetly found the highlands to be a bit better infact, and the major problem we had with most of the properties was actually the fact they were surrounded with sheep !! LOL

We have never done Perthshire, have you tried welcome, wilderness cottages and the visit scotland sites?
I agree Dani. These self catering cottages are not cheap, and so I also think that when they allow dogs, there should be no restrictions as to where in the house the dog goes. Another one I saw last night said it was pet friendly and encouraged people to take both dogs and horses, but then said that dogs had to be kept in a "comfy outhouse with underfloor heating" Hmmm don't think so, thanks very much!

I am starting to wonder if Perthshire cottage owners are trying to appeal to the family market, rather than the dog owning/walker types. I have never had a problem finding really nice accommodation that is dog friendly in the NW Highlands ... and may end up looking back there if I can't find anything suitable in Perthshire. It is just usually really wet on the NW Highlands and Islands when we take our hols ... ie end of March/beg of April and was hoping that by going somewhere more central we might miss being drenched every day
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:29 AM
no idea if you have seen this one - looks lovely
http://www.unique-cottages.co.uk/cot..._factors_house
I have seen that one. I have used Unique Cottages before. It does look really really nice, but lots of other people must think so too, as it is booked up for all the dates I looked at that we could do next year.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
http://www.dunalastair.com/
Those are the ones I had sort of set my heart on in the other thread, and then I read the brochure which says no dogs in the bedrooms. I think I may just say sod it and book one of those. I am confident that Yogi would be fine sleeping out of the bedroom but not so sure about my sister's BT ... but then she is only small and any hairs could be hoovered up The properties do look fab.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Ooh Yurts - instead of Wigwams.. they're more an upgrade of a wigwam They only have them in York as far as I am aware - but google York Yurts - they have a hot tub in one! AWESOME!

Oh but I don't know if they allow dogs and I have no idea about Perthshire.. sorry - quite a useless post now I think about it..
Thanks for the idea anyway ... but not sure it would be my kind of thing anyway really
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
For the last 15 years we have rented pet friendly self catering accommodation all over the british isles, always with great success. To be honest, if I am paying £400 plus per week for s.c. accommodation that proclaims to be pet friendly, I do not expect my dog/s to be restricted in the areas that they can access. I will always observe the normal laws of common decency, such as never to leave the dog or dogs unattended, or allow them on the furniture and beds, but other than that they have free access to the property.

In return, I leave the property absolutely immaculate. You would never know 2 hairy wolves had been in there!! Again, I feel this is common courtesy. And common sense.
I feel the same as you Gnasher and also always leave any cottage I stay in in as clean a state as I found it (cleaner on occasion ). I have never had such trouble finding the sort of property I like in a nice, rural area as I have this time. It also seems to me that more and more properties that profess to be dog friendly are actually only allowing one dog
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:42 AM
my friend recommends this place they have been last few years with their dog. now at the bridge
http://selfcatering.travel/2075,fieldstone
Thanks Dani, that does look really nice, but I prefer something a bit more traditional and rural. Thanks anyway though, it does look very nice.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >