Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
He's panting, is he hot or stressed? Or have you just finished an event?

How long do you normally spend there then Mish, from start to finish?

To me hes smiling!!!!! Def not stressed!

We get to carpark at around 6.45 & wander down to the halls, let the dogs sniff around abit & strech their legs.

If its World cup, after the event we have to wait, to parade in the main arena before BIS, normally around 8pm i think, so pretty late & by then we all want to go home, but the dogs are still up for it .even though we are all on our knees!

Two years ago we can trouble getting to the arena (outside from hall 5(ob hall) to save the dogs going through the halls_) because of the antis, banging the doors &throwing paint. Really scary
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
So if you qualify ben in agility, you wouldnt go?
lol well I cant see it happening, i would have to see
I dont put him in for the SKC agility shows because I find them overpriced and the facilities for the dogs are not good enough for me - not enough space to run about and stuff

To me olympia would be a far more tempting event

But yup fair point, I have nothing against the agility/ob or whatever at crufts but going would be me supporting the event so I would prob not go
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Agility, dancing comps etc.. also REGULARLY run at length, whats the problem? Do you think a dog cant manage it? I mean they can do a day in the field right? What makes you think any dog cant be in a ring for half an hour whatever time of the day it is?
I thought you weren't a fan of teaching dogs tricks?

I don't see how being out and about in the fields working is even close to being on lead lead round a ring in front of loads of people.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

We get to carpark at around 6.45 & wander down to the halls, let the dogs sniff around abit & strech their legs.

If its World cup, after the event we have to wait, to parade in the main arena before BIS, normally around 8pm i think, so pretty late & by then we all want to go home, but the dogs are still up for it .even though we are all on our knees!

Two years ago we can trouble getting to the arena (outside from hall 5(ob hall) to save the dogs going through the halls_) because of the antis, banging the doors &throwing paint. Really scary
Yeah, you wouldnt guess they were supposed to like dogs would you.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I thought you weren't a fan of teaching dogs tricks?
Im not! im showing you a comparable, or are you against everything people do with their dogs?

I don't see how being out and about in the fields working is even close to being on lead lead round a ring in front of loads of people.
Erm, tiring perhaps?
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I have been a couple of times, always when the Pastoral group is on. Both times I have taken the boys. We have really enjoyed going round the stalls, meeting the dogs and owners, watching obedience, agility, HWTM, junior kennel club, discover dogs. We have come back with treats for the dogs. Not once have I seen any dog distressed or mistreated. Everydog has been approachable by me and the kids and have all enjoyed their fusses from us.

Weeing n pooping on some sawdust is a lot better than where a lot of other dogs get to go.

We just enjoy seeing dogs, in great condition, loved, well trained etc etc. So basically I love Crufts .......runs.......
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
lol well I cant see it happening, i would have to see
I dont put him in for the SKC agility shows because I find them overpriced and the facilities for the dogs are not good enough for me - not enough space to run about and stuff

To me olympia would be a far more tempting event

But yup fair point, I have nothing against the agility/ob or whatever at crufts but going would be me supporting the event so I would prob not go
You would go, you know you would. Olympia aint that great either! Horrible venue I think.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:07 PM

I was really cross when I heard about that, very dangerous situation for the dogs to be in, what a shame Crufts caused it.

So it's a long day then. It's not so bad for you though imo because at least they all get a run and charge when competing.

Still not a fan of the bigger picture though.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I was really cross when I heard about that, very dangerous situation for the dogs to be in, what a shame Crufts caused it.

So it's a long day then. It's not so bad for you though imo because at least they all get a run and charge when competing.

Still not a fan of the bigger picture though.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think that anyone is disputing the fact that huge numbers of people and their dogs have a great deal of fun, and gain great satisfaction from showing. Also, until relatively recently, many more people loved to watch Crufts which is what this thread is about.

Crufts should be a shining example to the breeding/showing world, and perhaps it used to be once, but no longer. How can it hold it's head high and say "aspire to be a Champion here" when a Best in Show nearly collapsed after walking around the ring at a painfully slow pace and was subsequently declared by a Vet to be almost unable to breathe? (This due to breeding to produce the "perfect" squashed face). Further back down the line in qualifying classes, this may have been swept under the carpet and few would have known - but the fact is a Judge at the most prestigious show in the world declared this little dog the winner above all others. Further revelations came out following the shock of this win...........some judges had been convicted of cruelty to their own dogs; one made the lame excuse that she just didn't have the time to look after them. Yet Crufts use these judges.

It is a huge shame that they are now reduced to using furniture retailers - Pedigree used to be proud to put the winning dog on their adverts, but you didn't see them for dust after that damaging year.

They will have to work very very hard to regain the respect of a great many people.
Page 7 of 103 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »