Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2005, 11:54 PM

Naughty Kali, you let the team down!

Some of you will know that I've been dieting the Border Boys since I found that Snorri-dog had put on 4 kg in less than 3 months - that's a fifth of his recommended bodyweight (20 kg).

They have had their chow reduced, and are getting as many beach-runs as we can manage. Our vet nurse is overseeing their progress; they are weighed every three weeks, and Thursday was one of those days.

Kali, having lost 700 gm in the 3 week period up to 7/4/05, managed to put on 50 gm since! Must have been his birthday jerky However, the nurse and I agree that it may not be possible for him to reach 20 kg, as he's 11 (last Sunday) and he may be tending towards "senior portliness". He's still as fast as a speeding bullet, though He has always been a big-built example of an Orkney BC, he stands like Jimmy Cagney

Snorri was the Slimmer of the Month this time - in three weeks, he managed to shed 800 gm, and is nearly halfway to his target. He ought to manage it, as he's only 7 and built more like an over-hairy whippet.

I must admit it's hard - their usual treats have been suspended meantime - especially when they sit and fix me with "that look" - but I'd rather have a fit pair of dogs than a pair of greedy fatties! However, better weather next week (???) and more beach-bummery ought to help!

Snorri
(Overweight hypocrite)
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Now, now Snorri, don't show your disappointment in Kali or he'll become depressed and demotivated and before you know it he'll be hot footing it to the nearest Butcher's shop to sit outside and look pitiful

Seriously though, it must be hard to resist the looks and to keep to the diet. Beach bummery sounds a good idea; I'd love to be a beach bum, can I come and be their nanny for the summer

Lesley
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Snorri it is only a small set back, I think you are doing well to resist them eyes, you know what I mean, those pittyful "please, I'm starving to death" eyes.

I think all of our pets put weight on in the winter months but it soon comes off in the summer, well that's what I used to tell my self anyway.

Ian
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2005, 08:03 AM
My god Im not coming to visit you now Snorri, you will have me on a diet and running up and down the beach before I even get my coat off.