View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 01:23 PM
When you don't have many (if any ) friends who are not fellow dog owners anymore.

When you feel sorry for people who don't have dogs as you feel they are deprived somehow.

When every coat has a poo bag in the pocket, even your nice dress coats (why is that?)

When you know people's dogs names but not their names! I am so so guilty of that! Flint's mum or Pringle's mum, I don't know their owners names!

When you go on a date and the first thing you ask is do you have dogs and then become suddenly disinterested in them if they say no! And your eyes light up if they say yes, haha!

When you go shopping you always have to look in the pet isle and quite look forward to it even if you don't need anything dog related, and you usually come home with something for the dogs at every shopping trip...
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
When you go on a date and the first thing you ask is do you have dogs and then become suddenly disinterested in them if they say no! And your eyes light up if they say yes, haha!

When you go shopping you always have to look in the pet isle and quite look forward to it even if you don't need anything dog related, and you usually come home with something for the dogs at every shopping trip...
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:37 PM
when every one in your life ,you have meet due to the dogs ,you spend all your spare time in the park (nothink wrong with either may i add ) when you sit at work and talk none stop about your dogs and people start to
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:53 PM
You call other dog walkers "Ben's daddy" or "Poppy's mummy" - you don't actually know their names!
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
When people are talking about their children and you join in using examples of things your dog has done!
This I do a lot, and I always get dirty looks as if to say I should just get on with it and have kids, for goodness sake. My favourite saying is 'Children are for people that can't have dogs' just to get them back
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:09 PM
When you meet someone new but make sure you don't get too attached till they've met the dogs & the dogs approve!

When you send photos of every little thing the puppy does to the parents, OH, best friends ....

When the nicest smell in the world is puppy breath

When you need a bigger bed coz there's not room for you, OH AND the dogs

When you're constantly telling the dogs how gorgeous and clever they are, and how much you love them ... and the OH occasionally gets a peck on the cheek!

When the first question anybody asks is "how's (insert dogs name)?"

When you know it's not homemade coz there's no dog hair in it!

When you're never lonely at home
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
A note to the above...My OH works for a BMW dealership in chester (very posh ) We were there one Saturday, I can't remember why now, Anywhoooos there was a Mum and Dad and their small son there browsing. They had a small pup in their arms I think it was a Wiemeramer (sorry about the spelling). They were looking around a big ****** of a car, a 7 series or something like that I think it was a four x four. I'm not too well up on cars (as long as it has 4 wheels and an engine I'm not bothered). She said this ones fine. Then then promply paid for it, there and then with a cheque Oh how the other half live eh OH told me that it would have been around £45000 Now that's puppy love for you.

We went to look at the Lexus Hybrid, but the boot was too small and also very high, so I thought the gsd's would struggle to jump in The salesman couldn't believe I wouldn't even take it for a test drive. Why would I? If my dogs wouldn't fit it was no use to me

Edited to add that we wouldn't have given a cheque - we would have had to have finance lol
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
When there are more dogs than people in your house
When your photos ALL have dogs in them
When you choose a rug because it`s nice for the dogs
When you cook liver and mince for the dogs and the family get oven chips.
Definately no chance for me then
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 02:26 PM
LOL, this thread is hilarious and so me!!!!

Some more.....

When my wardrobe consists of more dog-walking stuff (waterproof leggings, wellies, thermal fleeces, etc) than my 'normal' wardrobe.

My dogs treat cupboard is substantially large than mine!

Christmas isn't Christmas without his presents carefully wrapped under the tree!! (and labelled - why?? he can't read!!! )

I rarely have a pair of tracksuit bottoms or coat without either a paw-print or drool from tennis ball that I've stuffed into my pocket
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Angel44 View Post
We went to look at the Lexus Hybrid, but the boot was too small and also very high, so I thought the gsd's would struggle to jump in The salesman couldn't believe I wouldn't even take it for a test drive. Why would I? If my dogs wouldn't fit it was no use to me
When we were looking for my current car, all the salesmen thought I was mental, cos I had to climb in the boot of every car myself to see if the dogs would fit
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >