Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:18 AM
HI tuti,

I'm sorry that Archie is feeling worse, poor little lad Its awful when your dogs ill isn't it, its even worse than when the kids are ill because at least they can tell you how they feel and a poor dog can't.

Do you think whatever it was could be stuck somewhere inside him and thats why he is so ill?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi tuti, sorry Archie still seems to be the same at the rear end, or even worse. Maybe you should go to the vets tomorrow now just in case, as really watery is not too good, maybe he has picked up an infection which is affecting his digestive system, better get it checked out though. Good luck, poor little Archie

Hi myschievous - I'm exactly the same as you, and my o/h says I have an obsession with it! Lol!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Tuti one obvious thing to do it to keep an eye out each time archie goes to the toilet to see if whatever he ate has come out yet!...

Normally I don't worry if mine have an upset tummy for a day or two so long as they are eating the same and drinking and it isn't making them appear poorly, but if Archie carries on to look very sorry for himself you'll need to get the vets advice.

Kody has a sick stomach today, his poop was water like too but them he kept trying to drink from the most horrible stangnent puddles yesterday ( I must remember to take more water out, but even then he still does it ) So anyway I put it down to that seeing as his spirits were still high.

Have you tried some natural yoghurt with him today to help??

Hope he feels better soon but he wont of learnt his lesson, He'll go straight back to the bin...Keena was a complete bin feind (sp?) We have had to be so carefull with what is left near where she can get into it.

Let us know how he is getting on.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2005, 09:04 PM
any news on Archie?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi all, thanks for the advice

Well after he finished looking for sympathy and cuddles he had a great day: Jumped in the pool, helped my mum with the gardening and got completely FILTHY , had a bath, played lots with his toys, and went for a lovely walk in the park!

He doesn't really seem too off-colour, I think it's like any dog, he has figured out if he acts ill and moans a bit he will get loads of attention!

Unfortunately his poos are still very soft, not completely watery but they are very runny

I made him some chicken and rice with a bit of carrot for dinner, as that's what we used to make our last dog when he had an upset tummy. He licked his plate clean!

I'll ring the vet tomorrow anyway and see what he says, but I think hell live

Thanks for all the advice

PS myschievous he had a bit of yoghurt yesterday, but I don't want to give too much as dairy products are supposedly not that good for upset tummies? (that's what my mum says anyway...)
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi im so glad that your little dog will be ok best wishes jen
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Tuti, is it posible the "item" could cause a blockage? I would have him to the vets, if this is so, as the liquid poo may be stuff that was already in stomach (before) eating this item,

Mo
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:24 PM
mo I don't think the 'item' could have caused a blockage...

ok close your eyes if you're squeamish

it was a sanitary towel

but he didn't swallow any of it or anything. Just chewed it I'm really not looking forward to telling my vet about that
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Awww...

If he had of swallowed any, he would most likely have been fine and passed it anyway, but seeing as he didn't swallow any I'm thinking that it is just coincidence that he had diarreoh...I don't think you'll have to tell the vet if he didn't swallow any and i'm betting that he will be even better tomorow, sounds like he was fine in himself today, just gotta make sure he stays that way and then hopefully his upset tummy will be back to normal...Was there a chance he got into anything else that you haven't thought of that was in the bin, that he may have actually eaten??

Of course if you are still worried ask at the vets.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Ahhh did'nt realise he had'nt actually eaten it, I guessed what the item was I wouldnt think just messing about with it would have caused this problem, only if he had actually eaten it, the fact that it is obsorbant it may have swelled in the stomach possibly causing a blockage. also some of these pads have a sort of gel in center for obsorbancy, this may have upset his tummy

MO
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >