register for free

Dog News

'Devastated' owner offers £2,000 reward after eight Saluki dogs stolen

A "devastated" dog owner and breeder is offering a £2,000 reward for the safe return of his eight prized pets.

Four 10-week old Saluki puppies, two females and two males, have been taken from a house in North Gulham, between Market Rasen and Caistor.

It is believed they were snatched from kennels in a garden, while their owner had gone for a short trip to Tesco in Market Rasen.

Amy Garland, from Binbrook, a friend of the owner, has launched an appeal on social media to help find the dogs, scared they may have been sold on or stolen for breeding.

"He is a personal friend of mine, and he is older gentleman so he hasn't got
"that site" or things like that, so I volunteered to help him out," she said.

"They were stolen on Saturday November 1, and taken between 5 and 6pm. He had only popped to Tesco in Market Rasen, and returned home to find the dogs had gone.

"Someone has gone through the back gate and obviously removed the dogs from the kennels. One did slip loose and backed out of its collar, so that one was remaining in the garden running around.

"He lives in a very solitary area not with many houses surrounding him, so someone must know something. He is a very reputable breeder, he has been breeding his personal lines of Saluki for 35 years.

"Due to the breed they are going to be worth some money to people."

Full article and photographs here...

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/De...ail/story.html

I do hope they are all recovered safely and very soon.

No comments yet - be the first to comment!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top