Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by lildevilrose View Post
i totally agree if you watch to the end he doesn't just take control he helps the owner to see what they ddi wrong and then helps them to control the dog i think he amazing a he seem to be on the dogs level

rose xxx
With respect reading your introduction,you have never had a dog before so have a lot to learn regarding dog behaviour and how they tick.

What you see in his programmes ( for those who understand canine language) is the dogs shutting down, he gets results due to his bullying tactics towards the dogs, just like humans you get bullied and are fearful you end up shutting down and being compliment to the aggressor .

What you are watching are edited versions , and the end results look like he has helped the dog and owner, but the truth is over time the dog reverts back to what you first saw, and many of those dogs end up with worse issues than before and I think many end up being euthanised.

You cannot fix a dogs issues in a few short days or weeks, it will take months or even years to rehabilitate a dog and turn it round from any behavioural problems it has.

He is a showman and the dogs are his props, he exploits vulnerable people who are clueless and at the end of their tether with their dogs, sadly using his techniques the dogs end up worse off and so do the owners.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2014, 01:14 PM
He needs presecuting for his cruel behaviour to dogs. He is lethal. Dogs need love and understanding not dominance, being in control of your dog with love and guidance is different to what he does, with dominance and cruelty. No dog should be cowered the way he does it.
squeakzzz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2014, 12:32 AM
I love CM's show, where he uses techniques that work on solving a dog's certain behavior that is mild.Unfortunately the same techniques aren't for every dog and I don't ageee with the dominance theory. CM is very old school. Did anyonr see the episode where he was bitten by the food aggressive dog? The bite was bad enough it drew blood and a decent amount of it. He clearly was upsetting the dog and stressing ita out by giving then taking away its food. At one point he corners the dog and stares it down while standing over it as a way to get the dog to become submissive after there was a warning snap. He then turns to the camera while sticking his hand towards the dog believing the dog had submitted to him but failed to see the dog giving obvious stress signs like licking its jaws and large eyes. Thata where he gets bit. Some of his techniques can seriously work up a dog. I dont agree with the tapping of the foot or the intimidation I have tried a few of his techniques on my dog. Nome fit her. I tried the going out the door before she does but the truth is my dog gets into a relaxed state of mind during a walk without that dominance technique. And its only frusterating on her. I tried the collar above the neck trick to keep her at my side, but she wont move until the collar is down. The quick tug on the leash does work if she pulls. And she does excellent without being dominated and she doesnt try dominating me. She still listens to commands. Me and my dog found our own way of training that fits her and me. When I used CM's techniques to correct it only frusterated her and brought up new problems like peeing on the floor which she has never ever done before.
Page 102 of 102 « First < 2 52 92 99 100 101 102