03-03-2005, 07:21 PM
what is chc?
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
what is chc?
Hi Katyb

Canine Health Concern of which Jess is an active member, whatever that means.

Stan
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Guy's please can we put an end to this.

We all have out opinions on wot we feed our dogs and our dogs health is the most important thing. If your dog is thriving on wot your feeding it then carry on feeding them that food whether it be dry complete or raw

We all have our own opinions and ways of feeding our dogs so let's stop this petty argument NOW
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
i agree i dont think theres any need for bitchiness
we all have our own ways of doing things. I like to feed raw meat but as I said in the other thread, after a few days the dogs tell me they have had enough and when put back on the biscuit food they perk up again so that is evidence enough for me to know that complete on its own is not a good idea, and raw on its own is probably not the best way either, but a healthy balance of variety is best
the meat i get i know where it comes from i can see my mates pigs and sheep ou in the fields prior to their being killed for meat and the butcher friend I have only deals with the best quality meat to sell in his shop, if I couldnt guarantee that i wouldnt feed it to my dogs, same as when i buy dry dogfood i like to research into whats in it and how its made and i tried a few brands before i setlled on this one and my dogs do well on it.
each to their own
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by Staffy
We all have out opinions on wot we feed our dogs and our dogs health is the most important thing. If your dog is thriving on wot your feeding it then carry on feeding them that food whether it be dry complete or raw
I agree Staffy. It is fine to provide ubiased information on which people can base an informed decision, but not so fine to engender guilt, confusion, and worry.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2005, 10:45 PM
>Some deranged lunatic in the CHC I suppose<
>I also don't give a tinkers toss for Cathrine O'Driscoll or the CHC<
>diet into >>poor grey peoples life<<. I really think you should get one of the robes and a soap box for you messianic rantings and missionary zeal. Are you paid for your work with CHC?

Can certainly see why you call yourself doglistener.

Christine.
Dervel
Dogsey Junior

17-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Christine that last rant was not worthy of a child never mind an adult... as a senior member of any forum you should set an example to those who come here looking for debate.... you let the forum down with your pointless name calling, you are probably only doing it for lack of real argument.

Okay now back to subject.

Look at it this way, wild canids eat a wild diet, but in fact they also eat lots of processed food, it is processed in the guts of the animals they eat, it is unusual to find a wild canid over 7 years old, most have been killed by their food. Punctured guts, perferated intesines, posoning and disease from parasitic infection taken in through the food chain.

But its okay you say, at least they lived wild.... they live on a starvation diet, they starve to death in many cases. If they had the chioce they would do as we do prepare our food.... People who live on raw food in third world countries have a very limited life span, 35 is a good age.

How many people reading this would not be around today if parasites had killed you by the age of say 40.

Raw may have a asthetic appeal but we have a choice, healthy long lived dogs 12 to 16 years average or healthy short lived dogs 5 to 7 years average.

Dervel
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3