Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 02:33 PM

Thursday, 30th June

Good afternoon all

Well a much better day today. Still blurry, but much better than I expected and the pain has gone - yay.

Finally, Gary has been allocated another flat. It will be a few weeks before he can move in as it has to be cleaned and painted, then he wants the walls painting again in grey.

Also, his fire alarm and doorbells need to be moved from the flat he's in now.

Just as well really as it will be 3-4 weeks before I can bend or lift things so the delay is good really, but not so good in that he's having to put up with the red hot flat a while longer.

It's strayed dry today which has surprised me so we had a nice morning out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 03:24 PM
Ahhhh, brilliant Chris, so pleased you are no longer in pain. Excellent news about Gary too, hopefully he will be happy and fingers crossed last move for you all
Been and had my ultrasound was awful waiting for a wee.... didn't have a mishap so bonus!
Getting very tired, next door were there taking photos of my house again last night then mouthing off at each other until late on and banging around
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Afternoon all

No rain here yet but threatening for a little while. Blood pressure monitor returned to GP so await their decision but did my own "add up" and looks okay to me. Good news sister "something" on side of nose is not skin cancer Yeah three nieces now have offers in for property not saying a word about any as not wanting to jinx. But be nice to have them in properties they want two houses one flat on the horizon "more places to spend Christmas LOL

Anyone thinking of watching what I am thinking is a soft launch of a new Channel4 programme tonight "The Undeclared War" I am going to sky+

Brenda Did not do my lists today hope your day went well no idea how to get your address.....as PM's not viable on here as far as I can see.

Griff It must be like living on a knife edge and or a nightmare - I am sure I could not cope.

Chris So pleased all is going well and recovery is under way. The delay in the flat maybe is Karma coming to your rescue and letting you be feeling more like yourself and able to move around sure there are restrictions following your surgery. This gives you breathing space. Glad he s getting a flat that's liveable more than anything and nicely painted agin is the layout the same?

Sue Suspect you are busy busy busy. But hope you have had a good day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2022, 09:28 PM
Rang my sister this evening and yes she has got covid. Seems she went to some girl guide related meeting and got it there ,bit worried as she is 2 years older than me and I don't think she has had the 4th booster vaccine jab which might have helped.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Rang my sister this evening and yes she has got covid. Seems she went to some girl guide related meeting and got it there ,bit worried as she is 2 years older than me and I don't think she has had the 4th booster vaccine jab which might have helped.
Oh no does she live alone? and has she registered her positive test there is help still available
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Oh no Tumbleweed, I hope you're sister isn't too poorly. I have had my 5 jabs and another due in autumn, I had COVID 4 days after my 4th jab and I wasn't very poorly luckily, worst part being stuck in my bedroom for 9 days.
Kazz, how lovely for your family, I pray each of them get really nice neighbours and tbh, it's very stressful and I am so so tired but, if nobody takes a stand against bullies then, I am sorry but they will continue. After seeing the video of how they treated their ex tenant....and witnessing it for myself, they have learnt nothing! I hope the police step in in the ex tenants case as their behaviour could have got someone killed...they truly are a vile pair of individuals and it's upsetting that there's so many decent people who suffer in the world but that pair..... continue as though they are untouchable
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2022, 10:14 PM
Oh heck TW, my daughter is just getting over it and it's been awful for her, but he other half only had very mild symptoms. I hope the mild symptoms are what your sister has.

My sister had the Delta version last year when she was 78 and she came through it fine. So, again, I hope it's the same

Kazz the flat is identical with the exception of the TV socket being at the other side of the living room and the fridge will be on the opposite side in the kitchen area. The juliet balcony is much, much narrower in the new flat but he will still be able to open the door to sit and look out if he wants to.

I do hope next door gets some peace loving tenants in soon for you Kelly. You can't keep on as you are it will drive you insane