Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 10:47 AM

Sunny Saturday 25th June

Good morning everyone

Kazz, Ben went for an interview at the same time he went for the one for the job he is now doing and was offered both. He accepted this one because it was near home and didn't involve a lot of travelling and he wouldn't have to take a pay cut. Obviously they liked him as they told him they were going to advertise for a senior position and told him to apply. He was late doing this so they sent him an email telling him to apply. We now have to wait and wee what the outcome is.

Lovely here this morning. Teazle walked and I have also run the clippers over her. Certainly a lot quicker and easier fr us both than hand stripping. The family have come so now cooking lunch

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 11:54 AM
Sue That's brilliant he is doing so very well, my brother uses clippers on their Westie Alfie they do it themselves now as Alfie is getting on in years he is 15 now. The dog not my brother. LOL

Griff So hoping you have found your motivation today

Chris What are you and Dave planning for his birthday weekend? has your lad seen the other flat yet? Hope Rosie is doing well as well.

Brenda Having a nice day by the seaside I hope, did your daughter like her birthday presents?

Moyra Have a good day

Lynn You also have a good day any news on a possible pup yet?

Lovely morning here as well, bit breezy now but Gert walked and brushed and then chammy leathered which is a perfect Staffie high gloss shine.

I have on loan from GP blood pressure monitor as my blood pressure was high on the annual check-up they know that and have added to my notes no idea why but its going to the Doctors must be unconscious worry (silly I know) anyhow if they catch me unaware I am fine.

Seems I am running as what I am normally about 114/62

Apparently the raised pressure at docs has a name white coat syndrome. You live and learn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Afternoon all
Sue, good luck to Ben...they obviously like him as they are accepting a late application
Kazz, hope the blood pressure stays stable, apparently very common to get raised blood pressure at the drs which is why they now get people to do it at home.
No motivation today, my dad has just left...after 45 years, that's it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon all

Sounds like Ben is a shoe in for the job Sue. He seems to have impressed them highly in his first interview

The flat saga is getting silly. Apparently, the flat they had earmarked for him needs a new wet room floor so there is a meeting this week to see if they can jiggle things around and offer an alternative. In the meantime, he's boiling hot in the flat he's in. It's terrible. You walk in the door and even with two large fans running it's like you've opened the door to a furnace.

The meeting this week (if it comes off) should be interesting as I am not amused

Nah, Kazz. We don't do anything special for birthdays except wish the number was going down not up
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 03:27 PM
Chris when you go to the meeting ask for a % towards his electric bills because of the fans being on etc. Ahhh would that not be nice reverse living.

Griff Oh dear.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Oh no Chris, Gary can't stay like that!!! I hope the meeting happens....can you attend?? I blooming hope so
Yep Kazz
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Kazz daughters birthday not till August. Will send by air mail in mid July as not sure if the rail strikes will hold up delivery to airplane?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 08:10 PM
I've aready got a letter in asking for a rebate for non working central heating (underfloor heating comes under the maintenance charges) and for the electricity usage on mild days

It's crazy

Sorry, Kelly. Missed the last bit of your post. I am so sorry to hear your dad has left. I know things haven't been right for a while, but still it must be a massive shock for you and your mum
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 08:35 PM
Thanks Chris, just can't believe he chose drink and a tramp but there we go. I have also told my brother to get out of my life and never speak to me again and that.....feels great. Will be strange it just being me and mum guess I will just consider dad dead. My aunty asked where he was going and I just said I don't know and not my problem. Will get court over and then I guess it's sort a divorce for mum
I really hope you get some money back, it's really disgusting.... especially with the cost of electricity being so much higher now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Why do folk always think the grass is greener on the other side? It never is.

I feel so sorry for your mum. She must be reeling, bless her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >